Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 02:24:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 45
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 19
Total: 19
19 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: WTS: Two Expert-series Carbon Fiber swingarms -or- 1 CF swingarm & an 857 frame  (Read 2776 times)

fyrstormer

• Guru
About a year ago I went a little crazy buying Expert-series parts, ultimately resulting in me building a large 857 for my father. (he might actually ride it someday, too!) Well, since then my priorities have changed, and I'd like to move the remaining parts I have on to new homes where they might actually get used. I have my eye on a sweet Christini AWD frame, and every dollar in the bank will make it easier for me to get one.

I have a red medium 857 frame with a carbon-fiber swingarm available, and another swingarm that could be retrofitted to an Expert-series bike that currently has an aluminum swingarm. (it could also be used to replace a cracked CF swingarm, of course.) The front triangle on the red 857 frame has a couple dents near the headtube where the former owner smacked the Crosslink fork into the top tube, but its structural condition is fine. Both of the CF swingarms are fine, of course, or else I would've tossed them at first sight, though the decals on one of them are torn. I figure if you're looking to drop some weight from your bike with an aluminum swingarm, or if your CF swingarm is damaged and your bike is unusable, decals are probably not your primary concern, but there are decal kits available online for those who want everything to look pristine.

I'm thinking a fair price is $300 for the 857 frame and swingarm, and $150 for a swingarm by itself. I'll have to calculate shipping charges based on the size and weight of each package. Anyone interested? I'll post pictures when I get home this evening.

Willie_B

• Master
  • Not old enough to stop playing with toys.
I was wondering the other day if you had built the bike for your Dad. Glad to see you did get it done.
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

fyrstormer

• Guru
I was wondering the other day if you had built the bike for your Dad. Glad to see you did get it done.
Yep, finished it last year, about a week after I started. It wasn't a tough job, not after wrenching on my 756 since 1998. The biggest deal was taking the frame to a local bike shop to get the ends of the headtube shaved smooth. Anyway, now I have some spare parts that maybe others here can use.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 01:43:20 pm by fyrstormer »