Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 10, 2024, 11:17:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 62
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 28
Total: 28
28 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: question about SRAM X.0 rear der  (Read 3957 times)

Dennis

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
    • phatphysics.com
question about SRAM X.0 rear der
« on: August 23, 2007, 11:41:36 am »
Hi,
Is anyone here running Sram X.0 derailleurs? I am thinking about changing over to them as they are partially made of carbon (at least the shifters and rear derailleurs), plus they are 9 speed and apparently work awesomely.

anyway, here is the question. I notice that only the short and medium cage rear der. have carbon parts.
Does anyone know if the medium cage would work with a 22-32-42 front setup and an 11-32 rear setup?

I looked at the "dealer only" technical manual on their website and it said something about 37 total teeth for the medium cage. Is this the total difference for front and rear added up?

Please let me know if you know. It would be a bummer not to be able to get the rear der. with the carbon cage.

thanks for any and all info. on this subject.
btw, Blue Crush is still going strong!

DG
K2 Oz - Blue Crush
Giant MCM Team carbon HT - Momentum
Peugeot PX 10E - 1969
Trek 930 (tourer) - Valkyrie
Calfee Luna Pro - photon
gallery- http://idriders.com/cgi-bin/album_k2.pl?album=Dennis

jimbo

Re: question about SRAM X.0 rear der
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 10:07:58 am »
My new bike came with a X0 Mid Cage.  The rear cassette is a 11-32 and the front is a single ring 42.  So based on this info you should have no problems.  

That being said I did not mount the X0 derailleur and X0 shifter.  Instead I replaced them with X7 components.  This bike is a DH bike and I ride through some really rough derailluer banging downhill trails.  A wise move on my part because I already bent the derailluer twice but was able to bend it back.

I plan to mount the X0 on my all mountain bike which I don't crash as often on.

Dennis

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
    • phatphysics.com
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 01:23:00 pm »
My new bike came with a X0 Mid Cage.  The rear cassette is a 11-32 and the front is a single ring 42.  So based on this info you should have no problems.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

DG
K2 Oz - Blue Crush
Giant MCM Team carbon HT - Momentum
Peugeot PX 10E - 1969
Trek 930 (tourer) - Valkyrie
Calfee Luna Pro - photon
gallery- http://idriders.com/cgi-bin/album_k2.pl?album=Dennis

jtolputt

• Apprentice
  • 755/k2 5500/k2 5000
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 04:45:41 am »
SRAM RULES!!! Ive an x.0 (rear long cage)+front  xt setup on my 5500 its sooooooooo smoooooooooooth!!! fully recommend the move, ive the x.0 twist shifters, although they are usually shown as carbon they aren't its faux carbon print but they function great and are a very accurate shifter, cant comment on the trigger shifters.

hope the change is as smooth as the set up

regards

jase

jimbo

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 02:04:07 pm »
SRAM RULES!!!  cant comment on the trigger shifters.

jase

SRAM Triggers also rules.  My bike that I bought in 2005 came with them.  The first thing I did was to move the triggers shifters on the other side of the brake levers towards the grips.  Funny after I did this I noticed a lot of WC DH racers using the same position.  A friend got the new SRAM setup where the brake lever and trigger shifter is mounted on the same bracket.  Again this new bracket mimicks the same preferred position of the shifter to brake lever.

My preference is the SX4 SX5 & X7 derailluers and X7 shifters.  These low end stuff is cheap enough for me to hoarde a stash for the eventual crash and breakage.  The one to one ratio even makes the low end stuff feel crisp though not as crisp and stiff as XO.

Carbon_Kiwi

• Master
    • Aotearoa Web Design
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 08:19:33 pm »
they are indeed awesome, i have one with an alloy cage (which i'm gonna upgrade to a 2008 shortly). i also have x.o twist shifters which i really like (although i am thinking of looking at (the other ones... can't... think... of name... tired...).
anyway - highly recommended (was that the original question?)

:)
ProFlex 957 [retired - but she will be back...]
K2 Oz - I LOVE my Oz   [smiley=nod.gif]
Giant OCR-0
Diamond Back Apex
Specialized Source Eleven