Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 03:25:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 65
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 38
Total: 38
38 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Fury, "single pivot cousin" has landed with knobs a turning  (Read 3234 times)

Thunderchild

• Master
Fury, "single pivot cousin" has landed with knobs a turning
« on: August 31, 2010, 11:51:39 am »
I have 400 plus miles on my new Mountain Cycle Fury.   ;D  The bike is solid.  Great ride.  The Marzocchi rear shock has worked much better than expected.  I just hope it is durable.  My fox RC150 from my Oz will fit and is my back-up 8).  Probably the only 8-speed Fury with bar-ends out there :o  Current set-up includes a 2002 5" travel Marzocchi bomber with 20mm axle.  Race face 5-arm cranks(surly middle ring and Action tec granny).  Marzocchi front hub with Mavic 223 wheel; DT 340 24-hole rear hub mated to a Bontrager Race rim.  I snagged the DT 340 for $49 new.  It was a challenge finding a 24h rim, but so far so good.  XTR ti-rear cassette.  

Pictures are in my gallery with a side by side with my 5000.  Geometries have changed a bit.

Thunderchild ]-
Had: 953, 756
Have:
855 cracked frame
Oz
Evo frame

shovelon

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Down there? DOWN THERE!???
Re: Fury, "single pivot cousin" has landed with knobs a turning
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 03:22:02 pm »
Nice and simply it is.

Looks good too.
OzM,(Ozzie)
K24000,(Red)
957small,(Shorty)
957Large,(Monty)
956 LE,(Peirce)    <Sold>
Offroad "Proflex" (Serrota),
Serotta CST  titanium softail
McMahon FS

fyrstormer

• Guru
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 09:52:38 pm »
Have bar-ends really fallen that far out of fashion? I can't imagine riding a bike that doesn't have multiple hand-hold positions.

Thunderchild

• Master
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 04:20:42 pm »
Have bar-ends really fallen that far out of fashion? I can't imagine riding a bike that doesn't have multiple hand-hold positions.

Very few that I ride with have bar ends; seems to bother them more than me.  hehe, I love the comments about how they can hook trees, etc.  I too prefer multiple hand positions.   I tried wide riser bars and prefer my narrower flat bars with bar ends.  Our club built a technical trail with a three tree tech turn.  The trees are close width wise on approach and staggered length wise.  You have to rock your bike side to side to get your handle bars through them.  I can do it ~80% of the time.  I like to take others with wide bars through it.  They can never make it and have to take the go around :P

If you hit a tree or other solid/semi-solid object, a wide bar will jack your front tire and down you go.  Bush whacking epic rides are my favorite and bar-ends have never slowed me down.  Rant off...

Thunderchild  ]- (bar end user symbol)

Have:
855 cracked frame
Oz
Evo frame

sammydog

• Master
    • Hunter Mountainbike Association
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 04:37:25 am »
So you like the fury then?  We just gave one away at a 10hr race we put on.

I was going to grab one myself but decided to wait for the new San An due out early next year.

Thunderchild

• Master
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 09:35:37 pm »
Very happy with the Fury.  The new San Andre should be sweet.  The customer service at MC is better than any other bike related company I have dealt with. 

Thunderchild
Have:
855 cracked frame
Oz
Evo frame

sammydog

• Master
    • Hunter Mountainbike Association
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 02:33:36 am »
I'll pass those words on to one of the guys I ride with who is working on their new bikes.

I think I just like that they are a company that aren't particularly worried about trends.