Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 16, 2024, 11:12:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 39
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 26
Total: 26
26 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: K2 confession.....  (Read 4188 times)

dan_irby

• Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
K2 confession.....
« on: July 26, 2007, 05:53:04 am »
Folks, I have been riding my road bike and a specialized rockhopper for a long time. My 2000 EVO has hung from the rafters in my small garage since 1/1/06.   Yesterday I got the bike out and used it again. I had forgetten what a wonderful piece of equipment it is!!!!!  I have a spare hanger, pivot kit and NR-2 rear shock. I guess I'm go to go for a long time. Sincerely, Dan Irby/Marcellus NY

shovelon

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Down there? DOWN THERE!???
Re: K2 confession.....
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 11:25:11 am »
Nice to hear Dan. Just got to love how simple they are. :-)
OzM,(Ozzie)
K24000,(Red)
957small,(Shorty)
957Large,(Monty)
956 LE,(Peirce)    <Sold>
Offroad "Proflex" (Serrota),
Serotta CST  titanium softail
McMahon FS

kiwi

• Guru
  • 756,wtb sstk,risse terminator, 97-carbon xlink,v's
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 12:24:44 am »
Dan you are already registered with the board with display namme Irby???Cant you access the forum via your "old" identity?
kiwi proflex rider

ChilliConCarnage

• Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 12:38:27 pm »
I hadn't ridden my 2000 Evo in forever, then got it out a couple of weeks ago.  Wow - how fun!  It's got a new Romic in the back, & a Vanilla 125RLC in the front, and it's the first time I'd ridden it in that configuration.

Unfortunately, last Friday I got hit by a pickup truck (while riding my Cervelo Soloist Carbon), and it ran over my arm.  I won't be riding for a while now....
MOUNTAIN:
00 K2 Evo 4.0
99 K2 Flying Monkey
03 Salsa Caballero Scandium

ROAD:
06 Cervelo Soloist Carbon
06 Look 555 carbon
06 Fuji Cross Pro

Total of 42 bikes owned in last 5 years

willem

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 02:06:06 pm »
Wow - sorry about the truck vs. bike thing. The very reason I don't own a road bike. Although road bikes are beautiful works of art, they seem to attract pickups like flies to honey.

(1978 - Cleared a four foot fence 50 feet from point of impact... Can't get it out of my head!)

I'm sure Matno would love to do orthopedic consulting for you. Heal soon.

...maybe time to consider a new forum nickname?

Will

Matno

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Call me. We'll go for a ride.
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 03:56:47 pm »
Ran over your arm? Is the Cervelo all right?!! I stay up late at night dreaming of owning a carbon Cervelo (although I'm torn between the Soloist and the R3). I already told my wife that I'm buying myself one when I graduate from my residency training.

As for the arm, be sure to ask your doc for a hard copy of the X-rays. Then you can scan them and use them as a screen saver. I have one of my hand with 4 broken metacarpals on my laptop! 8)

I spend lots of time these days straightening out broken bones in the emergency room. Every now and then they even let me operate, but I've got another year before I get to start doing that full time. Always happy to answer questions (if you have any).
K2 5000 Large w/Avid discs, Bontrager Race Disc Modified wheels, Manitou Minute, Swinger 3-way
K2 5000 Med ("wife's") w/Avid V's, Mavic CrossLink wheels, Manitou X-vert, Risse Astro-5

ChilliConCarnage

• Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 04:22:28 am »
Is the Cervelo all right?!! I stay up late at night dreaming of owning a carbon Cervelo (although I'm torn between the Soloist and the R3). I already told my wife that I'm buying myself one when I graduate from my residency training.

Well considering the truck ran over the Cervelo, it fared quite well.  The downtube is cracked, so it is toast, but for anybody who doesn't trust carbon-fiber, rest assured it can take some serious abuse.

I would replace the Soloist Carbon with the same bike, but I alread have a nice Look 565, so I'll be putting the insurance settlement for it into a down-payment for a house instead.

But the Soloist is by far the best road bike I've ever had, and I've had a lot of road bikes.  If I were to buy another bike anytime soon, it would be Soloist or a Look 585.
MOUNTAIN:
00 K2 Evo 4.0
99 K2 Flying Monkey
03 Salsa Caballero Scandium

ROAD:
06 Cervelo Soloist Carbon
06 Look 555 carbon
06 Fuji Cross Pro

Total of 42 bikes owned in last 5 years