Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 11, 2024, 01:24:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 62
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 31
Total: 31
31 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Hunting Rigs -  (Read 4856 times)

Other kiwi

• Novice
  • An anvil's black and shiny
Re: Hunting Rigs -
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2006, 03:26:26 pm »

YOU be the first to endo and fall on all of your arrows......hehehe

So slipping off your skis and landing on your rifle is fun as well? There are ways to design around that one - besides, can you think of a better incentive NOT to fall of than the possibilty of having parts of your body resembling a pencil sharpener after impact?
1998 4000, mostly stock except for wheels, seat, seat, drivetrain and brakes. Wish I was fitter...

kiwi

• Guru
  • 756,wtb sstk,risse terminator, 97-carbon xlink,v's
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2006, 09:32:13 pm »
We wont be creating any sub forums.The number of posters here is quite small so its easy to keep track of the posts without the need to go and look at other forums.I apologise if you found O P s post not to your liking.Perhaps a reminder to every one to make sure your post title is descriptive.
kiwi proflex rider

Old Proflexer

• Guru
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2006, 01:24:04 am »
Hey Paul -

Haven't chatted with you for a while - how ya been?

I've been getting out on the bike about once a week - started suffering the carbon 'click' and couldn't track it down this time and was drivng me nuts -
turned out to be a slightly loose right crank bolt.    

I've been running a Wilderness Trail Bikes BB on this frame for a couple of years.  It's the kind that has a grease port built into the crank bolt (same as on the head set with grease ports)  I put the gun on the bolt into the hole and inject the grease (still using slick 50).  The grease oozes out the side of the BB area and is a pain to clean up under the right side crank - but it saves time having to tear the whole thing apart every now and then.  Maybe not the best of designs.

This isn't the first time with the problem - I may have to change out the bolt if it does it again.  It's just hard to get the bolt set with all the grease in there.

But, 'Click' free and happy again -

Hey I got a new computer and don't seem to be able to use any of the smileys or tags and such - do I need to change some settings on my I.E.?

OP
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 01:27:47 am by Old_Proflexer »
Yeah, they don't make 'em anymore - it's a classic - - -

kiwi

• Guru
  • 756,wtb sstk,risse terminator, 97-carbon xlink,v's
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2006, 09:55:27 pm »
Hey OP long time.My freind builds his own grease port  components all the time whenever he can drill a hole without compromising stucture.I have finally resumed riding.Got out on the road bike and bit of a bit more i could chew,rode myself into the wall.It took a long time to climb the last hill home,legs took a few hours to come back.
No ill effect either it seems,maybe the proflex will see the light of day again,new BB required first.
Theres nothing wrong with your new computer,a lot of the stuff is still broken [smiley=coolfrown.gif]
smiley=nod.gif
If you right click on one of the smileys and look at the properties you will see a name,like sad,coolfrown,nod etc.If you use the syntax above enclosed in square brackets they sometimes work
[smiley=wink.gif]
spoil my day now and say all you see is a red x!
I dont know why but some dont work (like sad)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 10:04:51 pm by kiwi »
kiwi proflex rider