Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 10, 2024, 03:25:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 43
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 36
Total: 36
36 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: My bike is almost finished,still have some quest.  (Read 2833 times)

Vitaliy

• Apprentice
My bike is almost finished,still have some quest.
« on: April 18, 2003, 06:26:38 pm »
Hi everybody, I almost finished my bike now, I hope it will be done on monday(waiting for rear 9.0sl der).

I still have some questions for you guys:
My front derailleur guide is not working right, or I didn't route the cables right because it's rubbing the bottom bracket cage. Right now I just putted piece of cable in there, did anybody had any problem like that?
Also I a little bit comfused with cable routing, does anybody have any good pictures of cables from both sides, also I heard that some of you running full lengh brake housing, how did you did it? And if you have pictures of it ,plz show it.

Thank you,

Vitaliy.

P.S. Here is the list of parts I allready put on the bike:

Front wheel  - Black Ritchey Rock Pro with silver Shimano XT Hub.

Rear wheel - Black Ritchey OCR Comp with silver Shimano XT Hub.

Cassette - SRAM 7.0 PowerGlide

Crank - Black '00 TruVativ Firex 22/32/44

Seat - Red and Black Specialized Body Geometry Comp

Seat Post - Gun metal grey Ritchey PRO™ Mountain

Stem and Handlebar - Black Small  Syntace VRO stem with Syntace Ultralite Handlebar

Brakes - Black Shimano Deore V-Brakes

Brake levers - Avid Speed Dial 2.0L

Shifters - SRAM 9.0 SL 9speed (Carbon Fiber Finish)

Front derailleur - Shimano LX

Rear derailleur  - SRAM 9.0 SL (Carbon Fiber Finish)

Grips - Coda Lounge Lizards

BB - Shimano UN-72

Pedals - some Welgo flat platforms

Rear Shock - Noleen NR 1

Front Fork - SR Suntour Mg 91, but still waiting for that crosslink GrimJack promised to me [smiley=worry.gif].

Aheadset - black nad red WTB Momentum Comp.( but I still have new red FSA Orbit DL for the crosslink)

Tires IRC Mythos XC Slick 1.95 K

Yep thats about it,
my next step would be disk brakes, maybe by the end of June-July.

I'll post the pictures soon as i'll finish it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2003, 06:28:43 pm by vitaliy »
'00 K2 EVO 4.0

Oz-SUB

• Journeyman
  • Oz's rule
Re: My bike is almost finished,still have some que
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2003, 10:35:12 pm »
Vitaliy

I'm not sure which K2 frame you have, but pics of cable routing on my Oz I put in my gallery.

If you want outer cables througout you need to either carefully dremel out the cable guides, or buy hydraulic cable guide adapters from your LBS.  I found it better not to use the lower downtube guides - it's too restrictive for rear suspension movement.  I crossed over my rear mech and rear brake hydro cables and it works great (go see my gallery).

Oz-SUB
2003 99 K2 Oz-M with USE S.U.B. Fork & Fox DHX Air rear shock
2001 98 K2 5500c (Oz) Now Son's bike
1997 Proflex 957
1992 Proflex 952
1990 KONA Explosif
1988 SARACEN Tufftrax

RhinoDave

• Apprentice
  • Built for comfort...not speed!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2003, 12:10:00 am »

Do you have one of these guides on your bottom bracket? A lot of the EVO frames were sold without this or the pinch bolts on the main pivots. I have the EVO 3 with Avid mechanical discs. I run the full length brake housing on the left side of the frame using the lower hose bosses and the shifter cables run on the right side. I don't use full length housing for the shifters and have no problems. Just make sure you have enough housing from the main frame boss to the pivot arm boss so the suspension action doesn't cause ghost shifting. I'm in Michigan so I think we ride in similar conditions.

http://www.loosescrews.com/Product_Images/LS-2901SF.jpg
"Never waste a downhill"

Vitaliy

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2003, 05:01:43 am »
No my guiede looks different, it's one sided(for single cable) and a little smaller that one you showed me      

By the way what is the pinch bolts ? Is it the ones in the picture? Because mine does not have anything like that, you can see hole in the midle of mine.

Thank you RhinoDave,

And Oz-SUB My frame is lrg 2000 EVO 4.0 , thank you for you pictures I will try to route my cables the way you did.

Thanks,

Vitaliy.
'00 K2 EVO 4.0

jimbo

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2003, 08:24:23 am »
Hi everybody, I almost finished my bike now, I hope it will be done on monday(waiting for rear 9.0sl der).

I still have some questions for you guys:

My front derailleur guide is not working right, or I didn't route the cables right because it's rubbing the bottom bracket cage. Right now I just putted piece of cable in there, did anybody had any problem like that?

Yep, I have the same problem.  I've been running it with the cable rubbing on the BB.  I bought a new guide like the one in the picture, but I haven't had a chance to put it on yet.  The other thing I was considering before I bought then new guide was to make my own.  I posted a description in an earlier post.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2003, 08:26:30 am by jimbo »

Carbon_Angus

• Guru
  • I am full of Bull
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2003, 10:37:17 am »
hey thanks for using my frame!  8)

so i obliged and took this...shows pinch bolts on the swingarm and the cable guide...of course it's not used on a SS! ;D

hope this helps [smiley=beer.gif]

Vitaliy

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2003, 03:22:40 pm »
Thanks Carbon_Angus, Yep thats the cable guide I have, and I do have pinch bolts, my pivot is different, let me see a sec i'll try to find a picture...

Ok here it is, the picture of DMCs bike , thats is how my pivot looks like. I guess it's just later style one.

thanks for your help guys.
'00 K2 EVO 4.0

slowride

• Journeyman
  • Mmmmm... dirt!
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2003, 02:29:51 am »
Hey Vitaliy,

There's a pic that shows my full-casing rear brake routing, either in my gallery or the post titled "Would you like to touch my Monkey?". It's easy to see because the cable housing is silver.