Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 04, 2024, 08:13:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 34
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 36
Total: 36
36 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: The tour  (Read 2673 times)

kiwi

• Guru
  • 756,wtb sstk,risse terminator, 97-carbon xlink,v's
The tour
« on: July 23, 2005, 09:00:47 pm »
Maybe I missed it but i remember we had a thread last year.This year we had live coverage of every stage,with paul sherwin and phil liggett.What an amazing tour,and what an amazing man Lance Armstrong is.He has complete faith in his own abilities.Watched the TT last night.Are those disk rear wheels that difficult too ride?,Ivan Basso and Michel Rasmussen sure thought so......
Any way Lance have a happy retirement. Who  else will be able to assemble a team and dominate like your teams have.And climb and TT....and watch and wait......
kiwi proflex rider

Carbon_Angus

• Guru
  • I am full of Bull
Re: The tour
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 02:45:59 am »
I was thinking the same, too. I have found this year's TDF very anticlimactic. Lance rode like the stud he is, but was never really challenged.

Jan fell before the race even started. I don't know if that affected him at all early. and the stud power of the entire T~Mobile team...not working for one rider (Jan). He might have been be closer to Lance, but I doubt ahead of him.

I love when Paul Ligget says "Liquidgas" as "leaky gas" when mentioning a ceratin race team's name.

I'm looking forward to next year's TDF.

ps those TT bikes do one thing.... go fast in a straight line.

[smiley=beer.gif]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 02:47:18 am by carbon_angus »

Dennis

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
    • phatphysics.com
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 01:46:38 pm »
you know, talking about TT bikes, I have always loved this one: (I know, I know, this a k2/proflex site, but I just love carbon stuff, and this bike has more carbon than any other bike I've ever seen, and the lines are just beautiful. now, if only the colors were silver and blue. I guess I'll have to get one and do it up right!)

how's that for carbon?

[smiley=groucho.gif]
K2 Oz - Blue Crush
Giant MCM Team carbon HT - Momentum
Peugeot PX 10E - 1969
Trek 930 (tourer) - Valkyrie
Calfee Luna Pro - photon
gallery- http://idriders.com/cgi-bin/album_k2.pl?album=Dennis

Frankd3000

• Master
  • It's a ground-to-air missile!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 02:00:45 pm »
you know, talking about TT bikes, I have always loved this one: (I know, I know, this a k2/proflex site, but I just love carbon stuff, and this bike has more carbon than any other bike I've ever seen, and the lines are just beautiful. now, if only the colors were silver and blue. I guess I'll have to get one and do it up right!)

how's that for carbon?

[smiley=groucho.gif]

All that and no carbon cranks? [smiley=laughing.gif]

Hey, I wouldn't say no to it. ;)
Andrew
'98 K2/ProFlex 3000
Working on ... too many things at once.
Link to my Gallery

jinder

• Master
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005, 02:12:50 pm »
WOW, what a bike
Beast

kiwi

• Guru
  • 756,wtb sstk,risse terminator, 97-carbon xlink,v's
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2005, 09:24:43 pm »
I just love carbon stuff

really Dennis?
Althought he race for the lead has been a bit of an anticlimax there were some actual coordinated attacks this year,and some newish names,vinikourov,rassmussen....was interesting.
kiwi proflex rider

Dennis

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
    • phatphysics.com
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 10:07:31 am »
kiwi,

I agree that this TdF was pretty exciting. like you said, there were a lot of guys attacking left and right. and a few times it even seemed like T-mobile was putting in coordinated attacks to isolate Lance, and it worked on one stage. Once again, however, Lance was too strong for Jan, and that  was that. Also, Basso is not as good a time trialist as lance. they made the point about Basso being better in the TdF if they didn't make him do the Giro. I agree.

It'll be ironic, sort of, if Jan wins next year. can beat everyone except Lance!!

Frankd, you know, I didn't even notice that that Pinarello didn't have carbon cranks. shame on them!! they should hire me to spec bikes.  [smiley=laughing.gif] [smiley=laughing.gif]

[smiley=groucho.gif]
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 10:08:42 am by Dennis »
K2 Oz - Blue Crush
Giant MCM Team carbon HT - Momentum
Peugeot PX 10E - 1969
Trek 930 (tourer) - Valkyrie
Calfee Luna Pro - photon
gallery- http://idriders.com/cgi-bin/album_k2.pl?album=Dennis