Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 10, 2024, 11:18:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 42
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24
24 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Commonwealth games MTB track!!  (Read 2383 times)

loaded

• Journeyman
  • proflex 4000
Commonwealth games MTB track!!
« on: May 22, 2005, 01:33:21 pm »
If there's any australians or ex-pat kiwi's on this forum you might want to visit Lysterfield Lake in Victoria Australia.  They have just completed construction of some impressive tracks for the up and coming commonwealth games next year.

This is a big victory for local riders as prior to the constuction of these new tracks we were being systematically banned from different areas of the park.  

The tracks are a mixture of down hill runs with large burms, technical single track and some sweeping cross country runs! [smiley=bomb.gif]

The only downside of was my little attempt to hug a tree in the single track which snapped off a pedal and left me nursing a wrist the size of a football! [smiley=diaper.gif]

rapiddescent

• Master
  • what a ride
    • Rapid Descent Scotland
Re: Commonwealth games MTB track!!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 12:48:40 am »
whereabouts is that in Vic?

I'm asking because I'll be visiting Aus quite a lot - got rellies in Hamilton and my sister in law is in Perth, ok miles away, but we'll no doubt visit all the rellies next year.

Not sure how many people on here will know what a Victoria Breakfast is?  aka V.B.  very handy when coming back from riding.

callum
rapid descent scotland

K2 hardtail
Orange 5
Santa Cruz Bullit
Cube AMS R29er singlespeed
Brompton folding bike!
Kona Blast

loaded

• Journeyman
  • proflex 4000
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 10:50:57 am »
Lysterfield lake is about 40 minutes drive from central melbourne down the South Eastern Freeway.  It's recovered farm and mining land that was turned into a national park in the 60's(weirdest park I've been too as all the trees are planted in straight lines!).  It's pretty much surrounded by suburban sprawl now but has some great riding and joins with the Dandenong Ranges if you want a really long day ride.

sammydog

• Master
    • Hunter Mountainbike Association
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 11:56:42 pm »
One of my mates moved from newcastle to melbourne late last year.

He loves the Commonwealth games track, but has described it as a bit of a freeway. Still sounds like a fun track though.

I was down there 3 weeks ago, but unfortunately didn't get a chance to ride there.

Westgate bridge looked the goods as well.