Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 12, 2024, 05:19:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 27
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 5
Total: 5
5 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: would you be mad???  (Read 2429 times)

pirate

would you be mad???
« on: May 06, 2005, 06:04:36 pm »
I recently ordered a Marzocchi MX Comp Air from my local shop.  I made the "air" part very clear.  After receiving the new fork it just didn't feel right, so I decided to change the oil and tweak it until it felt like it should.  When I dumpd the oil, coil springs fell out!!  I was pretty upset, but I must admit, after tuning it properly I really liked it.  In fact, I'm not sure I will ever go back to an air fork.  Should I bring this to my local shop's attention, or should I just be quiet and keep on smiling?  

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
Re: would you be mad???
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 08:18:24 pm »
Hmmmm
is the coil sprung version more expensive ???
if so I'd keep quiet as you pointout you like these forks,
if the coil sprung version is cheaper I'd point this out to the shop and request a refund on the difference,
the main thing though you have a fork your happy with and surely thats the main thing,enjoy.
Simon.
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

numbnuts

• Master
  • no problem
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 05:22:54 am »
like simon said, really depends on whether you got screwed financially. if you're happy with the fork it doesn't matter.i am using and marzocchi air now  and i love the ease of adjustment and wt, but the oil/coil is a better ride and you should be able to set and forget.i would let the shop know, lbs's are taking a beating from internet suppliers so have to offer good service, giving us the wrong stuff doesn't qualify!

pirate

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 05:12:32 pm »
The coil/oil is actually more expensive, as I found out afer doing some research.  If you run air/air (as I always have...great).  If you run air/coil...great.  If you haven't yet experienced coil/oil...you should.  I have been converted.  Just my two cents...