Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 08, 2024, 11:21:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 53
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 33
Total: 33
33 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Mega Air fork rebuild...  (Read 2299 times)

pirate

Mega Air fork rebuild...
« on: April 21, 2005, 03:03:03 pm »
Hey guys.  I recently replaced my Mega Air fork with a Marzocchi Comp Air because the Noleen had developed a substantial leak, and seemed kinda outdated.  Man do I miss that Mega Air!  I kept it and now I'm thinking I might want to try to rebuild it.  What parts do I need and where can I turn for knowledge should I get in over my head during the rebuild process?  Thanks for any help.

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
Re: Mega Air fork rebuild...
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 11:09:44 pm »
If the bushes are fine then a full overhaul kits is what you require,just all the seals, "O" rings and suitable grease,from the instruction manual the whole assembly is quite straight forward and should pose no problems,yet to fully strip and rebuild mine but I will get round to it when its required,Carbon angus is the man to speak to regarding these forks.
Simon.
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

Carbon_Angus

• Guru
  • I am full of Bull
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 09:42:48 am »
yeah guess [smiley=laughing.gif], thanks Simon.

I have some instructions from Harv ( i think) it's very straightforward, you just need the o~ring rebuild kit and I'd invest in a pin-spanner for part of the r/r. It's easy. drop a note if you need more info....I'm kicking myself  :-[for not getting another for a hardtail.

[smiley=beer.gif]

pirate

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 02:00:11 pm »
Thanks guys.  If I decide to do this, I'm going to call on you by name if I should happen to get into trouble.  Where do I get the o-ring rebuild kit?