Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 04, 2024, 08:13:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 34
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 40
Total: 40
40 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Xlinks/ODS/Coil spring forks combo for sale  (Read 2911 times)

junkster

• Journeyman
  • All the engineering expertise of Homer Simpson
Xlinks/ODS/Coil spring forks combo for sale
« on: February 10, 2005, 07:03:14 am »
Bit of a weird combo here - am selling this Xlink/Vector modded combo either in bits or together.   [smiley=laughing.gif]

(I am selling the ODS unit and spring here on the forum seperately but before I take it apart I thought I'd offer it up. (Am selling the ODS unit for £20 inc P&P and coil spring for £10 inc p&p and the legs for £20 inc p&p))

One lower link seal seperating the bottom of the ODS unit and the spacer is missing (replaced with an alloy spacer). Also the lower link, though working looks a little bashed (from removing the lower mount pin when installing the ODS). The legs are in great condition.

I suspect if anyone wants it, it'll be for spare parts but hey, gotta try eh?  [smiley=nod.gif]

NB 175 350in/lbs coil spring (not suited for the forks unless you are over 17 stone!! ;O) they were a temporary solution - was potentially gonna upgrade to a 225in/lbs before the long xlinks caught my eye) and gold ODS unit (modded to fit any 3 1/2" long smartshock spring - Included will be the original alloy retaining plates so you could put back a new set of MCUs or a speedspring).

Girvin Elite xlink easton alloy legs in great condition (will respray the part where the disc brake adapter was removed) and the 130mm alloy stem (little dented on the top part where the handlebars pass through) and linkages and steerer tube from vector forks. Has a crownrace.

Aheadset cups, bearings and star fangled bolt will be required, although the spacers to convert it to 1" for the steerer tube are included. (The steerer tube has an alternative to a star fangled nut)

I am selling the ODS unit and spring here on the forum seperately but before I take it apart I thought I'd offer it up. (Am selling the ODS unit for £20 inc P&P and coil spring for £10 inc p&p and the legs for £20 inc p&p)

Will take £50 inc P&P in the uk for the lot.

Here is are pics of it working before it was removed and one after:

cheers Dan  [smiley=beer.gif]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 08:55:44 am by junkster »

junkster

• Journeyman
Re: Xlinks/ODS/Coil spring forks combo for sale
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 08:37:29 pm »
anyone after any parts here! Open to offer now as just wanna get rid of them.  [smiley=nod.gif]

cheers,

Dan [smiley=beer.gif]

will

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 03:17:52 am »
Dan,

Sure would like to get that spring over here in Texas... I believe it would work as an elastomer replacement on my 856 rear end ODS.  [smiley=groucho.gif]

Would a check for $30 get it here? :-/

Awfully glad it's Friday. [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

TTFN,

Will

junkster

• Journeyman
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 04:04:20 am »
Hi Will,
        will look into it but I would assume to post it to the US would cost more than £10. $30 is roughly £18 init?

cheers,

Dan [smiley=beer.gif]

junkster

• Journeyman
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 07:27:23 pm »
Hi Will,
         sorry for not getting back to ya sooner.

Yeah, haven't had time to check but $30 will be fine, (I'll absorbe any extra postage costs - you have helped me out a lot so least I can do). [smiley=nod.gif]

email me on: dbaverstock@hotmail.com and well sort out the details.

cheers,

Dan [smiley=beer.gif]l

Colin

• Guru
  • in a village near Northampton, UK
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2005, 09:10:09 pm »
Dan
see my IM to you
Col
2001 OzM
2000 OzX
1999 x500
1999 900 Frame
1998 4000se
1998 4000
1997 957 Frame
1997 857 Frames
1997 XP-X (856)
1995/6 x55/x56 Frame
1992 962 Frame
1991 Marin Pine Mountain with a Flex Stem

mtonyb

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 11:45:43 am »
are you selling the disc adapter also?  If so, how much to ship it to New Jersey?

junkster

• Journeyman
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 07:56:47 pm »
Hi Mtonyb,
              soz matey, the disk adapter is happily sitting on my new xlinks. thanks for your interest though. You might try searching the posts in the forum as someone had a spare front xlinks IS standard disc adapter for 160mm if
I recall. Mine is a postmount adapter for a 180mm rotor. I take it you are after a postmount, 180mm job though?

cheers,

Dan

mtonyb

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2005, 05:59:32 am »
i was looking for a 160mm mount, so that I had the flexibility to upgrade if I needed to.  Anyone out there have a spare that they are willing to part with?