Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 04, 2024, 12:16:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 51
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 37
Total: 37
37 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Need some CrossLink info  (Read 2757 times)

Frankd3000

• Master
  • It's a ground-to-air missile!
Need some CrossLink info
« on: April 02, 2005, 07:16:21 am »
A search is yielding very little info on this.

What i'd like to know is about the difference(s) with the EXP and ELT forks. I know the carbon has carbon legs, that's pretty straight forward.

Anyone know what/if there are differences? It all looks pretty much the same to me.

PATIA!
Andrew
'98 K2/ProFlex 3000
Working on ... too many things at once.
Link to my Gallery

Carbonman1

• Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Need some CrossLink info
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 10:04:06 am »
As far as I know the only difference between the two is the shocks.  The ELT has adjustable rebound and the EXP doesn't.  I believe the EXPs are the final production run and come in some odd colors.  The ELTs came in gun metal grey aluminum or carbon fiber.  My two cents...

Frankd3000

• Master
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 10:30:16 am »
Now that you mentioned it I think you're right. I never even payed attention to that. ::)

I know, for certain, the ELT also came in red. ;)
Andrew
'98 K2/ProFlex 3000
Link to my Gallery

Carbonman1

• Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 11:41:16 am »
LOL,  I had to make sure that you were on your toes... I just remebered that  some were also painted white, yellow, and, of course, red.  

I can't believe the shocks are dead after so few miles.  When you remove the spring, the shock should go to full extension.  If they are bouncy with an intact nitro charge, and there has been no damage,  you can alternately adjust the rebound full on and full off a few times while cycling the shock.  I have awakened a couple that way (valving stuck open)   Unless they have lost oil the dampening should still work.  

Frankd3000

• Master
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 12:02:00 pm »
Sure, the damping still works - it's called the bottom-out bumper - LOL!!!

Take a look at what i've got - a 7 year old bike, that's been sitting all this time, sitting in a garage, which is poorly insulated, experiencing hot/cold conditions with no "love". I backed the springs out and pushed down and they just stayed there. Funny, I didn't cry. I just figured "good excuse to upgrade". HAHAHA!

I'll try what you said. Who knows, maybe they're not completely dead afterall! Thanks!
Andrew
'98 K2/ProFlex 3000
Link to my Gallery

Carbonman1

• Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 02:48:59 pm »
Oh well,  sounds like they have flown the coop.  I should mention that they will only extend with the rebound all the way open.   Upgrade opportunities abound, go for it.

kiwi

• Guru
  • 756,wtb sstk,risse terminator, 97-carbon xlink,v's
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 09:25:50 pm »
also known as elite=nr2,exp=nr1
kiwi proflex rider

Swissnic

• Novice
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 10:16:57 pm »
I have an Noleen NR-2 rear shock and Noleen ELT Forks (gunmetal grey) for sale if your interested...  

I just bought a OZ frame, and they came with...  I'm putting on my own setup - so their up for grabs!

I will put them on ebay soon - but will take offers in the mean time also...  ;o)))

Cheers, Nic.
OZ, Marzocchi/Manitou SPV, SRAM X0, MaguraHS33 EVO2, RaceFace EvloveXC (bars, stem, cranks, BB), Chris King, Thompson, Eggbeaters, Alex Vectra T1 Aero Wheelset, Hope Ti QRs, Specialized Pro Gel Saddle

Frankd3000

• Master
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2005, 10:31:04 am »
Hey Nic!

While I REALLY do appreciate the offer, I must decline. I'm trying to work on getting Dennis' Risse Genesis for the front. It would be idea - less fabrication (none, actually) with more/better tuning posibilities.

As for the rear, i'd like to match with an air/oil piece, but I first need to decide what I am actually going to do. With this simpler version of adapting the rear shock, i'm very torn between my options.

Again, THANKS for the offer!!! I can't imagine shipping from Switzerland (?!?!) would be cheap, either.
Andrew
'98 K2/ProFlex 3000
Link to my Gallery

Swissnic

• Novice
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2005, 10:56:32 pm »
Hey no worries!  I agree absolutely - I went with some Marzocchi Marathon S (oil/coil) forks and a Manitou Swinger (oil/coil) rear...

Still waiting for them to arrive, so can't let you know what they're like yet!

Shipping in Switz is really cheap, unless you currency has taken a nose-dive recently...  8)  I just built up my OZ with top parts mostly from America at half the cost they are here!!!  ;o))))

Good luck with the Genesis!

Cheers, Nic.
OZ, Marzocchi/Manitou SPV, SRAM X0, MaguraHS33 EVO2, RaceFace EvloveXC (bars, stem, cranks, BB), Chris King, Thompson, Eggbeaters, Alex Vectra T1 Aero Wheelset, Hope Ti QRs, Specialized Pro Gel Saddle