Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 03, 2024, 10:19:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 51
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 46
Total: 46
46 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: 856 build revisited  (Read 2017 times)

catamountrdr

• Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
856 build revisited
« on: December 16, 2004, 02:36:22 pm »
I see that the pictures did get through.  I want to thank you guys for the positive feedback.  I was actually quite surprised myself at the handsome good looks of the bike when finished.  Too answer a few questions:
1.The bike weighs 26.8lbs on the UPS scale at my shop.
2. I won the frame on an Ebay auction for $101.  It was in the condition you see in the pictures, but had an elastomer rear shock.
3. I won the Noleen coil rear shock on an Ebay auction for $51. It was NIB and a direct bolt on.
4. I won the NIB Girvin  on an Ebay auction for $59 when I discovered that Ediscount accidentally posted a number of forks with a $10 starting bid.
5. I won....well you know the rest.  Spox wheels $110, on and on.
I have just under $700 in the bike as you see it in the picture.  It was sort of an experiment to see if I could build a bike a piece at a time from Ebay and how cheaply I could do it.  It was a lot of work, but paid off.  This bike is a lot of fun to ride.  Really flexy (probably the source of the name Pro FLEX...lol).
And, to answer the question about Catamount...I raced a Catamount Superlight for several years.  In fact, I still have my 1997 Catamount.
Cheers