Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 02:12:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 23
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 36
Total: 36
36 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: K2 evo 4.0 aluminum swingarm upgrade?  (Read 2122 times)

chrisv

• Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
K2 evo 4.0 aluminum swingarm upgrade?
« on: November 30, 2004, 10:40:19 am »
Do any of you guys know where to get an aluminum swingarm for a k2 evo 4.0
I want to switch to disk brakes and need to find where to get the aluminum swingarm w/ disk brake mounts?
Also going to change out the suspension so any suggestion for a front fork and rear shock(dont believe the stock noleen can have disks mounts in the front) would be helpful.(want to have lockouts on both of them)
Bike will be used for mostly XC with a little DH
Cost is a big factor here so the best, lowest priced components would be better than building a dream machine.
Thanks
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 10:41:22 am by chrisv »

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
Re: K2 evo 4.0 aluminum swingarm upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 03:59:33 am »
You don't have to goto an aluminium S/arm to fit disc brakes,get an adaptor for your yours,checkout RDI on the links page for their range of hammerhead adapters,alternatively checkout the homemade adaptors found in  some of the galleries,Op's gallery is a good place to start,fitting an adaptor is the best cost effective option for you,I'm not even sure there was a aluminium S/arm to fit your bike with a disc mount already fitted only one with drillings to take a K2 disc mount adaptor.
Simon.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2004, 04:03:16 am by Simon »
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

numbnuts

• Master
  • no problem
Re: K2 evo 4.0 aluminum swingarm upgrade?
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 02:48:28 am »
Hey Chris, I'm the person you e-mailed from mtbr reviews. Yes the alum s/a needs an adaptor. My swingarm came with it, I don't know what they cost but it can't be much cos there is not much to it. If money is a big factor, try and make an adaptor for your carbon s/a like Simon suggested.Quite a few people on this site have done it successfully I believe. I would probably use the' hammerhead' adaptor if I was still using the carbon s/a, because I have no faith in my manufacturing skills, it is a bit pricey but probably cheaper than a new swingarm.

As for forks, anything with 4" should work, shop around the online stores to see what's on special. I personally don't like lockouts on the front but it is nice if you can adjust the travel. You might be able to find a psylo at a good price, giving 3-5" travel. A marzocchi with ecc/eta would be great too, locks down for climbing.