Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 05:27:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 18
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 36
Total: 36
36 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Noleen Chubby DH fork internals  (Read 2659 times)

Chris

Noleen Chubby DH fork internals
« on: November 18, 2004, 01:07:19 am »
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here knew about the Noleen Chubby DH fork..6" travel. Back in the day, when I had my K2 Beast, I wanted that fork. So now they've reappeared on ebay really cheap. From what I heard they were using 'shim stacks' for their damping system while other fork companies still use cheap valving technology. Anyone have any info on this fork?? I've tried the K2 site but they only have info on the Chubby LT which is completely different. I remember (a long time ago) seeing info on this fork but I can't find it at all. I've search the web and found nothing.

Thanks a lot!
Chris

loaded

• Journeyman
  • proflex 4000
Re: Noleen Chubby DH fork internals
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 09:47:57 am »
Hey Chris,
I just bought one of these chubby LT's off ediscount with 5 inches of travel.  It arrived earlier in the week boxed as new.  I'm no fork expert but if you have any questions I can try my best to answer them for you, or I could send you pics of the forks internals when I install it.  I'm heading away on my other bike (Yamaha SRV) for the weekend though, so will be out of touch for the next 3 days.
Cheers, [smiley=beer.gif]
Luke

Chris

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 10:37:19 am »
Thanks for the reply...

The Chubby DH is actually different from the Chubby LT. The DH version has bigger tubing, 20mm axle, 6" of travel that apparently be bumped up to 7", oil and coil internals...and it weighs 8lbs.

loaded

• Journeyman
  • proflex 4000
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2004, 08:47:50 am »
Woops- I should read closer next time :-[ [smiley=beer.gif]
Cheers,
Luke

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 03:31:31 am »
I believe some Noleen products where made by RST,could you not try contacting them for info on these forks???
Simon.
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

Chris

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2004, 05:03:19 am »
I might have a lead on who made that fork or at least people who might know what's inside. Yeah, RST did make a some of the forks...they were the Chubby LT series. Thanks for looking though, I appreciate it.