Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 03:24:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 38
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 16
Total: 16
16 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Proflex 954 HELP NEEDED!!!  (Read 3016 times)

options2

• Novice
Proflex 954 HELP NEEDED!!!
« on: October 24, 2004, 05:59:47 am »
First off I like to say hello to everyone. Yes I am new to this forum.  I would also like to thank anyone ahead of time that can help me.  Okay, I have used the search on this forum and the old Forum to look for information about the 1994 ProFlex 954.  I can’t seem to find any info on it.  I have searched K2s website and the have PDF files on every other 9 series bike.

My really problem is I am in the middle of rebuilding the frame and I discovered one of the axels is broken (the non-threaded side).  When I first sent an email to K2 they said the 954 used the same axels as the older Attack/Reptile frames.  But, when I sent an email back and asked about pricing and availability, a bike tech sent me one back and said only the threaded axel is available.  He went on to tell me that if you needed a non-threaded axel you simply drill a threaded axel out.  This made sense to me, so to save time I took my threaded axel from my frame and got it drilled out.  Then when I called back to order the part, the guy on the phone told me only the non-threaded axel is available.  I explained to him about the email and that I had already drilled mine out.  He didn’t know what to tell me except to try back when their ProFlex expert is back (he’s on vacation).

So I guess I am begging anyone out there that might either have an owner’s manual or any PDF files on the 954 frame.  Also if anyone has an old 954 or Attack/Reptile frame that is junked, not being used, or being parted out I could really use some parts.

Sorry if this whole post is confusing, I just don’t know where to go for help any more.  As I have searched many times for any information anywhere on the Internet for this bike.  Thanks again for any help.

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
Re: Proflex 954 HELP NEEDED!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 06:45:32 am »
If you can't locate the part take the 1 good axle to a local precision engineering shop and get them to make a copy only adding the required thread instead of a hole,I find most small engineering shops very accomodating on these's small projects.
Good luck
Simon
Ps you could just buy the non threaded axle thats available and fit a heli coil with the required thread to the axle that you drilled out,its an easy fix.
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

options2

• Novice
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 07:39:02 am »
Thanks, I have checked into a Machine shop and they can do it for about $40 for both sides.  I just really wanted the parts from K2.  I also really wanted to know if anyone else has this bike or knows anything about it.

kiwi

• Guru
  • 756,wtb sstk,risse terminator, 97-carbon xlink,v's
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 10:44:17 am »

I think the 656 is most like the 954,is this like your bike?If you look in our "HOW TO" section this where i grabbed this pic from.You will need acrobate reader which is free....
kiwi proflex rider

options2

• Novice
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2004, 06:42:08 pm »
I have this too, thats the Attack/Reptile frame and its not the same design as the 954.  Although some of the parts are the same, such as the axels and bearings but the swing arm, Frame, and strut are different.  But thanks again for the input.  Here is what the frame looks like.

http://idriders.com/cgi-bin/album_k2.pl?photo=options2/DSC00288b.JPG
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 06:50:34 pm by options2 »

lonechippy

• Novice
  • Proflex 954 nutter
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2004, 06:21:23 am »
Hi

I have a 954 in super condition with all origonal stickers etc . I am currentley replacing the elastomers on the vectors to an upgrade spring and would also like to do the rear but dont think it is possible ? Any ideas ? When I have it back together I will post a picture as I gather they are quite rare especially if clean origonal.

Its well spect up with mavic rims, hope hubs, maguras ,and all xt.

I have never felt the need to replace it as I love it.

All the best with the rebuild.

tmaybee

• Master
  • Go ride!
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2004, 08:55:06 am »
I am quite sure my 855 came with the x54 manual.  I will have a look for it when I get home next week.

Cheers,
Trevor