Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 10, 2024, 09:14:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 43
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25
25 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Creak  (Read 2086 times)

dom

Creak
« on: October 10, 2004, 09:31:34 am »
Hi Guys.
Long time no see eh.
Sorry but i havent got the use of my computer at the mo so am using the one in this house, and i have been offline because the wife and i have parted.
Great more time to do the things i want to do like ride when i want.
I need a new password as i cant remember my old one so i cant sign in to my user name so i am uising this one.

Well i rode around on the carbon bike through the summer and all was well, then i noticed a creak which got louder in the dry weather and i could not figure out if it was the carbon seat post or the Risse rear shock.
The seat post sleave came loose again after i did a couple of jumps on the bike so i fixed that for good with two self tapping screws [smiley=nod.gif]
Has anyone else suffered with creaking noises from the rear shock.

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
Re: Creak
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 09:45:29 am »
Hi Dom,sent you a PM regarding going out on a ride,as for your creaking can't remember if your using like me an Easton CT2 carbon post ???,if you are I had trouble with mine creaking at the saddle mount,I removed the 2 mounting bolts and greased between the seat rail mounting plates and lubed around the  pivot pin,cured my creaking,still have to redo it occasionally.
Simon.
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

dom

Re: Creak
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 06:12:36 am »
Too late now to cure problem as i striped the frame and built up the flying monkey for the winter.
Still you can have the carbon frame assey i built to play with and bend  [smiley=nod.gif]
Lets hope the weather is good for that weekend but too cold just nice and damp.
I have been running the xtr hollow bb 04 which i have to say is quite good though a bit expensive.
The Pace forks are brill though and at long last Pace have got it right.

Ltr