Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 11, 2024, 11:10:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 27
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17
17 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: smart shock replaced. k2 5000 too much bob still  (Read 2029 times)

junkster

• Journeyman
  • All the engineering expertise of Homer Simpson
smart shock replaced. k2 5000 too much bob still
« on: October 03, 2004, 08:32:16 am »
Hi all,
       (cheers Simon for your CVI info)
I kinda decided to pop the Stratos XC pro air/oil shock off my modded 855. Made a few alloy plates today and bolted it onto the K2 5000.

I have another question - at 230lbs, and with my air/oil shock on the back, how much air pressure i needed to eliminate the bobbing as I ride?  I had no bobbing on the 855. I am guessing the carbon swing arm and shock mount angle means the compression is that much greater with the extra leverage.

Another smartshock question - are the smart shock fron and rears different models, (with different mounts for the crosslink lower pins for example - seems they would have to be. I would like to use the smartshock on the forks, (currently have vectors) and I no they won't fit currently.

cheers,
Dan

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
Re: smart shock replaced. k2 5000 too much bob sti
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2004, 09:34:37 am »
You should really only be adjusting your air pressure to set your desired sag,I like to run mine at 8mm of shock sag,to reduce or eliminate bob you may have to think about adjusting your riding style,if you have to run a pressure so high as to eliminate your bobbing then there's not much point in having rear suspension as the suspension would be so hard that all the benefits of having suspension would be lost,on another note you really shouldn't be experiencing a great deal of bob on your 5000 anyway, maybe the damping characteristics of the shock taken from your 855 are unsuitable for this application.
Simon.  
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 09:35:27 am by Simon »
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,