Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2024, 05:23:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 45
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 36
Total: 36
36 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Olympic mountainbiking  (Read 2084 times)

StoereVent

• Journeyman
  • Rocky Mountain Instinct
Olympic mountainbiking
« on: August 29, 2004, 07:48:10 pm »
Did any of you enjoy the olympic mountainbike race as much as I did?
I have to give a very big compliment to our Dutch pride, Bart Brentjens: gold 8 years ago and the third place this time!
The only thing I don't like about race mountainbiking is the fact that mechanical problems have to be dealt with by the rider himself. Isn't that a bit oldfashioned, or is it that just my oppinion?
Greetings, Jeroen.

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
Re: Olympic mountainbiking
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 08:42:18 pm »
As much as I enjoy mountain biking watching it on tv can be a bit dull,but I have to say due to the excellent coverage of the track and the track itself I did throughly enjoy the race,our rider Liam Kleen was unfortunaly robbed of at least a silver due to the start line crash he got caught up in [smiley=worry.gif],to much time to make up another lap and it would of been a different story,thats racing though,
Simon
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

kiwi

• Guru
  • 756,wtb sstk,risse terminator, 97-carbon xlink,v's
Re: Olympic mountainbiking
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2004, 09:07:47 pm »
i enjoyed it but our overage was boring....they should have spent more time on Bart and the Spaniard..there were at least three changes of places there...At one stage the spaniard must have crashed,but he came back...personally I thought the mens tri was better.... ;D
kiwi proflex rider