Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 04:25:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 45
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24
24 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Update on Evo lookalike  (Read 2051 times)

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
Update on Evo lookalike
« on: May 21, 2004, 07:17:58 am »
Out of curiousity I emailed Shark bikes regarding there bike (I pointed out that I liked it) and also pointed out the similarity of there design to an Evo,I even sent a pdf file of the Evo frame drawing,as you can see I had a very nice reply.

Hello Simon
thankyou for your mail

No was not aware of K2, thanks for file.

We looked at bikes with interrupted seat tubes,GT,Scott Octane etc,
because our design really centres on using the carbon seat pillar, and certain design constraints push you towards the basic layout.

We wanted to use a carbon seat pillar, because if it was manufactured in alloy,then it would not really be different,we also wanted to use our Formula 1 knowledge.

Happy to hear you like the bike,the photos don't really do it justice,MBUK and What MTB really like it,they will test production frames later in the year.

Hopefully get the frames to some shows in the future,certainly the people who have seen it are impressed.

The production version (under manufacture) is a big step forward,components are CNC\'d, mud clearance 2.3\" rubber etc etc

I'll keep your mail and send you some pictures when complete,hopefully by end of june.

We also have a really nice looking hard tail.

Take care,ride fast

Beat regards

Marcus

Shark Bikes
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

Thunderchild

• Master
Re: Update on Evo lookalike
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 06:49:56 am »
Do you have a URL with pictures?  Please post if you do.  Thanks
Had: 953, 756
Have:
855 cracked frame
Oz
Evo frame

Matno

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Call me. We'll go for a ride.
Re: Update on Evo lookalike
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 07:49:47 am »
Not much there yet, but....

http://www.sharkbikes.co.uk/
K2 5000 Large w/Avid discs, Bontrager Race Disc Modified wheels, Manitou Minute, Swinger 3-way
K2 5000 Med ("wife's") w/Avid V's, Mavic CrossLink wheels, Manitou X-vert, Risse Astro-5