Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 02:22:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 27
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 83
Total: 83
83 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: 03 Fox for Razorback - slight leak...  (Read 2257 times)

DCepp

• Novice
  • Canigetawitness ?
03 Fox for Razorback - slight leak...
« on: May 05, 2004, 11:39:11 pm »
I have just purchased a Fox RL pull shock from a guest to this website. I have ridden the shock for on my 01 Raz Team for 60 miles and prior to every ride I need to add air, quite a bit in fact (usually 150 back up to 280 psi). I ride twice a week.

For comparison, my Noleen (which I traded) needed air prior to every ride, but not as much (usually leaked down to 150 from 200psi).

Anyone else noticing a leaky Fox RL on their Razorback? Solutions? Should/will K2 dealer repair/warranty a Fox/strut upgrade?

irate1

Re: 03 Fox for Razorback - slight leak...
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 02:05:22 pm »
I'm just speculating here, but I wouldn't think K2 would honor your warranty because you traded to get the Fox RL.  It would be great if they would do that, and maybe they will.  I'm making the switch over to the Fox too, but my dealer said K2 was out of the strut and it would be the end of the month before they would have one available.  I can't wait.  Just for the record, is the Fox that much better than the Mega Air (when it's pumped up properly)?  I test rode some bikes recently; the revamped '04 NRS 1 with SPV, and the Stumpjumper FSR, and felt like the damping was much improved over my Mega Air.  I hope this new Fox will compare favorably.  If so, I'll be very happy.  

steveb0b

• Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: 03 Fox for Razorback - slight leak...
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 01:48:23 pm »
Contact Fox, their service dept. is excellent. My first pull shock leaked also and they fixed it quick. Your local lbs should be able to help but it may cost you. The fixed shock works way better than the Noleen although it is a little heavier.