Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:00:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 37
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 35
Total: 35
35 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Removing Decals  (Read 22084 times)

seren

Removing Decals
« on: February 19, 2004, 10:08:23 pm »
In addition to my earlier post on "Powder coating / Re-Spray thoughts".  

What is good way to remove decals whole from a frame so they can be re-produced in order to have new ones made to go back on my frame when the re-spray is finished?

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
Re: Removing Decals
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 12:08:37 am »
I warmed mine up with a hair drier then peeled them off still warming them,be carefull, get them to hot they will stretch,I then stuck them to some cardboard ready to be copied.Simon
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

Ionit

• Journeyman
  • Ionit
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 01:36:32 am »
I worked at a sign shop during college. People came in with stickers for us to copy all the time. We had a machine that printed them on vinyl material.

I would often make them for people I knew as a favor but never for customers. The process would take to long. i.e.: measuring then scanning, making cut lines, printing, plotting, then weeding and finally application. We would never do this kind of thing for people with only a couple of sticker to be made.

To make the job go easier you should scan them yourself or find your logos on the internet. Then you can modify them or change them as you like. If you are able to use vector art with Adobe illustrator or corel It will help them allot considering they are a tech savvy shop.

My opinion is that you should just have the sticker cut (plotted) on one piece of vinyl. It will be cheaper and 10 times Faster.

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 03:59:22 am »
I just removed my decals and stuck them on some card,I then modified them how I wanted the new ones to look,I then scanned them off and e-mailed what I wanted to a local sign manufacturer,took less than a week and they e-mailed me a preview before they manufactured them just incase,they had no problem with only producing 4,look for a small independant or family run business,Simon [smiley=nod.gif]P.s I've now gone stealthy and just removed all decals completly. l  
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

malonse

• Novice
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 10:41:59 am »
The decals on my 955 see to be under clearcoat. I guess they clearcoated the whole frame to stop the natural polished finish from oxidizing.
Proflex 955 (polished and original)
Proflex 856 (red and original)
Proflex Animal (1996 in progress)
K2 Attack

ahorne1979

• Novice
  • 1997 Animal with Carbon Swingarm
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 12:24:50 pm »
The decals on my Animal are getting pretty beat up.  I wouldn't mind printing a new set if you find the best way to get it done.

malonse

• Novice
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 04:03:22 pm »
The decals on my Animal are getting pretty beat up.  I wouldn't mind printing a new set if you find the best way to get it done.

I bought a set from Gil at RetroDecals
Proflex 955 (polished and original)
Proflex 856 (red and original)
Proflex Animal (1996 in progress)
K2 Attack