Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 12:15:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 50
Total: 50
50 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: 100mm Fork on a Razorback  (Read 2322 times)

Wayne

100mm Fork on a Razorback
« on: September 10, 2003, 12:46:33 pm »
Hi all,
I've just installed a new fork on my 2001 Razorback team and am waiting for a warranty repair on my shock.  I was wondering if anyone has tried a 100mm fork on a Razorback and how did it effect the handling?  Too slow or still tolerable?  The fork's travel is switchable between 80 and 100mm so it's not a big deal but I was wondering if anyone had any experience.

Thanks,
wayne

Carbon_Angus

• Guru
  • I am full of Bull
Re: 100mm Fork on a Razorback
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2003, 09:49:57 am »
i don't have one, but my guess it would slow the steering down..you could run with a slightly shorter stem to speed the steering up. climbing steeps might take some saddle and body positioning adjustments, small but noticeable and tolerable.

i'd do it ride it for a while and you probbaly won't go back...depending on what type of riding you like to do.

report back andlet us know  [smiley=nod.gif]

Wayne

Re: 100mm Fork on a Razorback
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2003, 01:07:12 am »
Thanks for the reply.  My shock should be in today so I'll give my impressions after the weekend ride.  I'm already running a pretty short stem (105mm) and my one concern was how it would effect the climbing, since the thing climbs like a goat right now, I should have a little bit of wiggle room with the head tube angle.  I typically like to ride tight singletrack here in the Northeast and really like how the Razorback handles.

thanks,
wayne