Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 03, 2024, 01:55:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 61
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18
18 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Carbon fiber disc mount  (Read 2167 times)

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
Carbon fiber disc mount
« on: August 04, 2003, 10:02:31 am »
Thought I'd have a go at making a carbon rear disc mount from a sheet of carbon fiber for my 4500 replacing the hammerhead one,this is mainly because a friend of a friend at work has access to the guys in the carbon shop at Mclaren international (Mclaren of F1 fame) they had a look at a hammerhead patten as a guide and have advised, don't do it as it would very likely fail, they where very apologetic because they like little projects like that (so I was told), they said it could probably be done with a specially made diagional cross weave patten (not the type you can get of the shelf) but they would have to work out the thickness required,don't think I'll bother, to much of a risk for a very small weight loss, thought some of you may be interested if you had thought of going down this route.Simon. [smiley=disbelief.gif]
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,