Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 03, 2024, 08:14:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 51
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 15
Total: 15
15 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Ebay Items  (Read 2681 times)

K2ozm99

• Novice
  • Thermoplastic CF Baby!
    • My OLD Proflex Gallerey
Ebay Items
« on: July 04, 2003, 06:03:12 am »
Just thought id let everyone know that there are some Noleen Items on Ebay right now, including a MegaAir, Chubby, Chubby LT, Older Girvin fork, 98 Crosslink, A smartshock (lots of bids ... hehe wonder why!  :P )

Also a guy selling a similar nr shock to the one i was asking about on Alex's bike but it seems to have a screw-type bottom for the 1000-4000 which looks weird and rusted out.
-Ivan
'99 OZm | Fox Vanilla 125RLC and 8.5" RC Shock. XT Mega-9, Titec, Easton EA70, ODI w/ Oury's  
23 - Bay Area, Ca. (If youre local, LETS RIDE!)

James

Re: Ebay Items
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2003, 04:25:46 pm »
yeah i check it out...yeah i think it look a lil nasty.... [smiley=worry.gif]
hei guys i`m trying to turn my 857 into a dowhill bike.. :) i got a RST sigma(8-inch) for the front already and i`m considering something new for my rear...any suggestions? i know you guys answer this before i just wanted to know if there is any other new shocks that might work hopefully with a lock out..and decent travels [smiley=evil.gif]...thanks alot guys...

Yellow_OZ

• Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2003, 03:09:55 am »
Ivan, Unless you have the parts to mount that shock I'd stay away from it. I's hate to see you spend the money and then find out it won't mount to the frame correctly. I'm not sure how interchangeable the parts are from your current setup to the NR4. Good luck eitherway.

Alex

P.S. how much are you thinking of spending for a new rear shock?

bikendan

• Journeyman
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2003, 05:34:24 pm »
this is for james on the previous post. i hope you're joking about using your 857 as a dh bike with a 8" fork. if you aren't, no one here is going to suggest anything, other than "don't do it!"
that's a xc bike and was never designed for dh and especially an 8'" fork.

Rawwill

• Novice
  • proflex 997 DH
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2003, 05:57:28 pm »
haha...nope ain`t joking about it...i had people from strongframe made an evaluation and stuff...the frame will actually work pretty well as a DH bike once all the wheels and headset+ seat stem is reconfigure... no worries..i `m gonna try it out first and see how it goes..if i busted(i doubt) the frames i can get one made from StrongFrame that`s stronger...once i got everything done ...i`ll post up the pictures! :)

JMSRW

Redshift

• Novice
  • Going fast is fun, but it isn't required!
Hey James
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2003, 04:47:11 am »
It's been done before!

http://www.proflex.demon.co.uk/products/LTK9596.html

Get in touch with Callum to see if it will fit onto the 857.

Rawwill

• Novice
  • proflex 997 DH
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2003, 05:54:25 pm »
haha...cool...but not with a 857...carbon swing arm...well even better if someone done it before... :)
thanks for the page Redshift.
JMSRW