Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 07:20:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 59
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 34
Total: 34
34 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: K2 Attack 4.0 rear suspension settings.  (Read 2247 times)

JF

K2 Attack 4.0 rear suspension settings.
« on: June 30, 2003, 02:38:28 am »
Hi all,

Let me start off by saying I'm pretty new to mtn biking. This past sat. I spent biking down Mt. Snow on my Attack 4.0. The rear suspension on my bike has three settings, it came set in the middle. I'm looking to get the best possible set up for down hilling, I'm going again this weekend....I'm assuming I should just set it up to get the most travel, is that the bottom hole/setting? Or is there more to consider.

Jim

TCP

• Novice
  • I know nothing!...noth ing!
Re: K2 Attack 4.0 rear suspension settings.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 02:12:23 am »
i'm assuming it's the 2001 attack 4.0 like this:

http://idriders.com/cgi-bin/album_k2.pl?photo=TC/attack.jpg

i don't have exact angles and travel that each position gives but mounting the shock on the upper hole of the linkage will give the most travel and moving it to the lower hole will reduce travel.  as far as the front shock mount (0n the top tube).  moving it towards the front holes will slack the head/seat angle (best for downhill-more stability) and moving the shock to the rearward position will steepen the head/seattube angle(better for climbing-quicker steering).  for strictly downhill i would put the shock on the upper hole of the linkage and  try the farthest hole towards the front on the top tube.  if you find your cranks sit too low in this position, simply move the top tube shock mount back one hole at a time until you have enough ground clearance.

JF

Re: K2 Attack 4.0 rear suspension settings.
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2003, 03:08:23 am »
Great, Thanks TC that's exactly the info I was looking for. I'm heading for Mt Snow in VT this Sat. I'll set my suspension up this way.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Jim