Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 03:27:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 14
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21
21 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: proflex decals  (Read 5611 times)

bohngy

• Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
proflex decals
« on: January 30, 2008, 08:24:16 am »
Hi all... seeing as I have a knackered knee, and it's going to take quite a while to get fixed, I was hoping someone might be able to help me out with a project :D

I'm going to have my 856 frame re-sprayed, but before I get it shot-blasted I'd like to know somewhere I can get some replacement decals.
Obviously there aren't going to be any OEM ones about, but I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere that makes replacements?

I'm based in the UK, so going to give Argos cycles a call tomorrow, I know they have a graphic designer they work with to re-create decals for older models. But I thought I'd see if anyone had some authentic designs already?

also, I presume that the original paint job was a powder coat and not a stove-baked enamel jobbie that Argos use. Anyone know of a suitable place in the UK for a good powder coat (you could also interpret this as "anyone know anywhere half decent that's cheap?"

here's hoping,
thanks, Benj

orange

• Administrator
  • Guru
Re: proflex decals
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 08:44:02 am »
there's a great guy on www.retrobike.co.uk who does them, he's user 'Gil_m'. Did me some for another bike they were tops. He's done loads for other people too. Get in touch with him - he's UK based.  He'll make up anything you want. You can also contact him through his website: gil@thecycleshed.co.uk
'95 855
'91 Diamond Back Topanga (project: 1st MTB)
'06 Surly Karate Monkey 29er
Custom built Edelbikes 29er #1104

SLIM

• Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: proflex decals
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 08:29:49 pm »
 can definately second that , gil did me some PROFLEX ones and they are perfect

so he should still have them on file