Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 03:28:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 14
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 28
Total: 28
28 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Upgrading my Beast  (Read 2209 times)

CrimsonD

• Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Upgrading my Beast
« on: May 26, 2003, 03:39:37 pm »
I just bought a BEAST off ebay. I am replacing my hard tail. I have always wanted one of these bike and now that I have one I am having problems finding upgrade info [smiley=worry.gif]. My biggest question is what can I do to upgrade the shocks on my new/used ride. I have the ODS shocks now, but would like to upgrade them. What are my options? Would shocks from a later model proflex/k2 work? :o

Thanks,

Duane

bikendan

• Journeyman
Re: Upgrading my Beast
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2003, 04:52:07 pm »
 ??? ???let us know what year, color and size the bike is. the '98 beast is very different from previous "beasts". i'm assuming that you have a '97 or older since you have the ods shock. i think risse and stratos make a straight bolt-on shock, but check their websites to be sure. you can put a spring over the ods, such as mountainspeed. but they don't stock them anymore so you'll have to check with some previous proflex dealers or ebay.

CrimsonD

• Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2003, 04:25:28 am »
I am not sure what year it is... I can tell you that is is a Greenish fading to black and is the world cup frame. This frame is a 20" frame, and it hase magura brakes (not sure if it came with it or it was added).

Thanks,

CD

CrimsonD

• Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2003, 12:23:02 pm »
 ;D I thought I would up date all that have looked at the thread.  Thanks to bikendan I hooked up with Risse and picked up new Front and Rear replacement shocks. They are air sprung and oil dampend... They look good (at least the photos they had on line NOT to mention that they pictued a BEAST the same color as mine) and the people there were nice... I can't wait... I am going to have to calm down on the bike upgrades after I told my wife about the shock bill her head started to spin... Luckly I didn't tell her about the green Titanium Quick Release Skewer Set I just bought  ;D

Thanks,

D