Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 11:15:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 59
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 30
Total: 30
30 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Monkey in action...  (Read 2201 times)

slowride

• Journeyman
  • Mmmmm... dirt!
Monkey in action...
« on: May 19, 2003, 03:01:24 am »
Finally got to ride here at home. Not too muddy, although there were puddles in some areas...

numbnuts

• Master
  • no problem
Re: Monkey in action...
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2003, 09:48:37 am »
Neat photo, how high is that bridge? Even though it's pretty wide those can be scary. Did anyone see the Red Bull coverage on Fox sports lately, those guys are riding on 2" wide sections way off the ground!

slowride

• Journeyman
  • Mmmmm... dirt!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2003, 11:16:55 am »
Thanks!

That one is pretty wide, but it's pretty long too... probably 20-25 feet. It goes over a ravine that is probably 10 feet deep at it's deepest, but that part's only about 3 feet wide.

I made the mistake of looking down when I was halfway across, and just about fell in.

On that same ride, there is a river crossing that consists of basically 6-inch wide boards nailed onto a fallen tree. It's pretty long and off camber in parts... haven't attempted that one yet.

The main problem/advantage with the bridges at this place is they are incorporated into the singletrack. I think it's pretty cool, but it can be a little suprising at times...

Carbon_Angus

• Guru
  • I am full of Bull
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 05:49:33 am »
slowride, nice pic, and like you said never look down, or your bike and you will surely follow!

oh and that other six inch board wide river crossing, ...nope not me either!  [smiley=laughing.gif]

[smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]