Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 16, 2024, 03:17:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 35
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18
18 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Crankworx  (Read 3624 times)

jimbo

Crankworx
« on: August 03, 2007, 11:31:57 pm »
Just got back.  Guess who I met at Crankworx.  IFO (Ian)

I had posted at the Idrider Forum and learned that IFO had a rare White Cove STD which is how I recognized him.  

Didn't get a chance to ride with him as it was Saturday and busiest day showcasing the Slopesyle.  

I had a blast at Whistler and can't wait to go back.  Probably will plan the next trip before or after Crankwork as the number of riders on the mountain was crazy.  

Matno

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Call me. We'll go for a ride.
Re: Crankworx
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 01:51:43 am »
You recognized IFO from his BIKE?! Not that it's not a cool bike, but Ian seems like the kind of guy you would just recognize (assuming you'd seen pictures on the forum).
:)
K2 5000 Large w/Avid discs, Bontrager Race Disc Modified wheels, Manitou Minute, Swinger 3-way
K2 5000 Med ("wife's") w/Avid V's, Mavic CrossLink wheels, Manitou X-vert, Risse Astro-5

jimbo

Re: Crankworx
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 01:58:15 pm »
You recognized IFO from his BIKE?! Not that it's not a cool bike, but Ian seems like the kind of guy you would just recognize (assuming you'd seen pictures on the forum).
:)

The village during Crankworx was wall to wall people.  I only saw 3 white Cove STDs up there.  IFO was the only one with a white single crown Travis.  As my usual habit I only look at girls and bikes in that order.  

http://www.crankworx.com/images/splash/02.jpg

I did recognize some Pros like Gracia, Minaar and Sam Hill while waiting in line.  It was kind of cool because they had to wait in the same lift line as us mortals when they weren't racing.