Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 12:14:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 15
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23
23 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: riding to Risse  (Read 3486 times)

Carbon_Angus

• Guru
  • I am full of Bull
riding to Risse
« on: April 05, 2007, 10:48:40 am »
Had it with Noleens and strut suspension. My rear blew last Sunday..."i was just riding along" on PAVEMENT and then the damn thing vomited. I won't get it rebuilt. If anyone want's a slightly used but in GREAT need of rebuilding NR-1, sans spring. PM me and you can have it, just pay for shipping wherever you are! USA best but I have sent stuff to Central America, Europe and UK b4 with no problems...Mulletts up North...be glad to send it there, too.  Never mailed anything to Oz or Kiwi land.

I do have some Ti springs for this shock but I haven't a clue as to their weight rating. The springs would fit an NR series shock specifically for a strut type suspension. I'll probbaly sell those once I can figure out what weight they are. They came with the bike wich was a 1997 Proflex team race bike, so theses springs are for lightweight riders, I'm sure. I'm over 200# now OMG....and used them on pavement and XC with no problems except for binding the short (half length) spring that was used in pro races. I have this short one and a regular length one.

sorry for rambling

Angus
so anyway getting a new Genesis
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 10:49:12 am by carbon_angus »

mizunole

• Apprentice
Re: riding to Risse
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 08:50:45 pm »
I have so many spare NR1 / GDT parts that I have tried to keep going it is'nt even funny.

I have one Genesis shock, that I have not touched (albeit for a month) and plushes the ride quite nicely.

I would galdly again pay $200 just to not have to deal with the frustration of 10 year old oil seals.

BTW make sure you tell them specifically what type of strut you have (not just the year) that it is either cone or not.

Good call...

sammydog

• Master
    • Hunter Mountainbike Association
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 12:26:33 pm »
PM sent

Carbon_Angus

• Guru
  • I am full of Bull
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 02:05:32 pm »
I have so many spare NR1 / GDT parts that I have tried to keep going it is'nt even funny.

I have one Genesis shock, that I have not touched (albeit for a month) and plushes the ride quite nicely.

I would galdly again pay $200 just to not have to deal with the frustration of 10 year old oil seals.

BTW make sure you tell them specifically what type of strut you have (not just the year) that it is either cone or not.

Good call...

yeah i did make sure it had a cone adapter and asked me what kinda riding i do and how much i weigh...yikes!

Carbon_Angus

• Guru
  • I am full of Bull
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 02:05:51 pm »
PM sent

back atcha