Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 01:28:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 61
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 33
Total: 33
33 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: for 'Blue Crush' Dennis G..  (Read 2617 times)

ToNYC

• Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
for 'Blue Crush' Dennis G..
« on: May 20, 2003, 12:22:44 pm »
..hey Dennis. Have you been to stillwell lately? How is it?. I'm still to conquer that uphill by the tracks. Maybe we can ride together before it gets too humid. I went to blue mountain last sunday - nice climbs. 'also wanna know if you actually take 'blue crush' out for a ride. My oz set-up is in black and orange. 'considering calling it 'agent orange' for that but 'halloween' seems more fitting......
« Last Edit: May 20, 2003, 12:23:27 pm by ToNYC »

Dennis

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
    • phatphysics.com
Re: for 'Blue Crush' Dennis G..
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2003, 11:09:46 am »
yes, of course I ride Blue Crush.of course it didn't get put together until just this past fall so I haven't ridden it a whole lot. no, haven't been to Stillwell lately. Blue Crush is in shop being converted from xlink to fox fork and discs.
I have been riding new Calfee (road bike) lately.

yes, I would be glad to ride with ya when Blue Crush comes back.

I live in Huntington, whereabouts are you located?
[smiley=groucho.gif]
K2 Oz - Blue Crush
Giant MCM Team carbon HT - Momentum
Peugeot PX 10E - 1969
Trek 930 (tourer) - Valkyrie
Calfee Luna Pro - photon
gallery- http://idriders.com/cgi-bin/album_k2.pl?album=Dennis

ToNYC

• Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2003, 02:05:29 pm »
..I'm in Astoria, Queens. Thinking of heading out to Saxon woods this sunday weather permitting. BTW, do you know that there's a trail coined 'Land of oz' up in the Mohonk Preserve about 90 miles North of the city. Say, it would be just righteous to bring an oz or two up there. If you don't have it yet, might wanna grab a copy of 'mountain biking New York' by Michael Margulis - a very good guide. Hopefully, we get to ride b4 surf season.....

Matno

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Call me. We'll go for a ride.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2003, 12:56:05 am »
Are you talking about Saxon Woods on Mamaroneck Ave just off the Hutch? I ride past there all the time on my road bike when I ride from home. (I've also taken the 5000 there a couple of times, but not for a while). It's a decent place to ride. Wish I had more time!
K2 5000 Large w/Avid discs, Bontrager Race Disc Modified wheels, Manitou Minute, Swinger 3-way
K2 5000 Med ("wife's") w/Avid V's, Mavic CrossLink wheels, Manitou X-vert, Risse Astro-5

ToNYC

• Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2003, 12:57:41 pm »
....Matno, I've never been to saxon actually but it's suppose to be off Yonkers on the metro north. I bet it's the same place you know.....

Matno

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Call me. We'll go for a ride.
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2003, 01:30:58 pm »
I'm sure it probably is. There are tons of bikers there. I've never actaully run into more than 1 or 2 on the trail, but there are lots at the trailhead and almost every car has an empty bike rack... This in spite of the fact that there are "No biking" signs everywhere. I guess it's not enforced. Last time I was there, I literally saw about 20 cars with racks! Seems to be a popular place for "hucksters". The main trails are fun, but not super challenging, but there is a myriad of smaller unmarked singletrack trails that are tons of fun with lots of medium to large drops. Lots of exploring to do.

It's on Mamaroneck Ave between the Hutchinson Parkway and I-95 (but much closer to the Hutch and you avoid paying a toll if go that way).
K2 5000 Large w/Avid discs, Bontrager Race Disc Modified wheels, Manitou Minute, Swinger 3-way
K2 5000 Med ("wife's") w/Avid V's, Mavic CrossLink wheels, Manitou X-vert, Risse Astro-5