Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 05:19:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 59
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 42
Total: 42
42 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: stratos shock help  (Read 3235 times)

mrseebeck

• Novice
stratos shock help
« on: January 27, 2007, 09:38:10 am »
I have a stratos helix expert that came apart where the aluminum mounting piece with the air valve threads on to the shock piston. The oil all came out.  the threads are undamaged and the unit can be screwed back together.  How do I fill the oil back up and get my 756 back on the trail?  Thanks in advance.

Matno

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Call me. We'll go for a ride.
Re: stratos shock help
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 02:08:56 am »
If I understand correctly that your shock just came unscrewed (i.e. without any actual damage), the solution is easy. Stratos shocks use ATF fluid (yep, standard transmission fluid from a car). All you have to do is pour some in a tall, thin container (like a drinking glass, although I don't recommend drinking from it afterwards!), then completely submerge your shock and "burp" any air out before screwing it back together. Stratosusa.com used to have instructions on this, and I assume they still do, if you can navigate their site...
K2 5000 Large w/Avid discs, Bontrager Race Disc Modified wheels, Manitou Minute, Swinger 3-way
K2 5000 Med ("wife's") w/Avid V's, Mavic CrossLink wheels, Manitou X-vert, Risse Astro-5