Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 09:13:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 9
Total: 9
9 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Cheers to the Gentlemen & Lady(ies?) of the Fo  (Read 3227 times)

willem

Cheers to the Gentlemen & Lady(ies?) of the Fo
« on: January 04, 2007, 12:08:44 pm »
Folks,
I just want to tip my hat to the great folks of this group on. Having been stiffed several times on "respectable" websites like ebay, we've just completed another gentlemen's transaction.

There are few places left these days where you can send things to folks and they'll send you the money. For that matter, I've given and received free stuff across the pond three times.

Good luck with the forks Jason. Thanks for the check.
Make sure you show us a picture of the finished goods!
Will

kiwi

• Guru
  • 756,wtb sstk,risse terminator, 97-carbon xlink,v's
Re: Cheers to the Gentlemen & Lady(ies?) of th
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 08:48:13 pm »
so there is no hassle with banking a personal cheque from ano=other country?(as far as the bank goes I mean?)
kiwi proflex rider

shovelon

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Down there? DOWN THERE!???
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 03:38:28 pm »
Folks,
I just want to tip my hat to the great folks of this group on. Having been stiffed several times on "respectable" websites like ebay, we've just completed another gentlemen's transaction.

There are few places left these days where you can send things to folks and they'll send you the money. For that matter, I've given and received free stuff across the pond three times.

Good luck with the forks Jason. Thanks for the check.
Make sure you show us a picture of the finished goods!
Will

Will,

Hey, thanks for hand carrying my carbon swingarms from Texas to Simon in England for me for his awesome sealed bearing conversion. They both work marvelously by the way. :-)

You are a true gentleman.
Terry
OzM,(Ozzie)
K24000,(Red)
957small,(Shorty)
957Large,(Monty)
956 LE,(Peirce)    <Sold>
Offroad "Proflex" (Serrota),
Serotta CST  titanium softail
McMahon FS

willem

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 04:00:08 am »
Kiwi,

Yep - the check came from Barclay's in US$ denomination. Just cashed it and pulled away from the drive-thru before they changed their minds!

Terry,

Well now I can tell my wife & daughters that I really am a "gent" and not just a beer guzzling hairy couch monster!

Funny, even after meeting Simon & family, they still call this forum my "imaginary friends." I deposit a check from this last transaction, and they still don't believe you are all real!

Next time I get to LA for work, I will seriously try to visit your shop. (Might even bring an 856 swingarm & disk adapter for welding...)

Cheers,
Will

shovelon

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Down there? DOWN THERE!???
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 08:52:48 am »

Terry,

Well now I can tell my wife & daughters that I really am a "gent" and not just a beer guzzling hairy couch monster!

Funny, even after meeting Simon & family, they still call this forum my "imaginary friends." I deposit a check from this last transaction, and they still don't believe you are all real!

Next time I get to LA for work, I will seriously try to visit your shop. (Might even bring an 856 swingarm & disk adapter for welding...)

Cheers,
Will

Sure thing! I even have a welding jig that may help locate the swingarm disk mount. I took the locations off my 4000 frame.

Terry
OzM,(Ozzie)
K24000,(Red)
957small,(Shorty)
957Large,(Monty)
956 LE,(Peirce)    <Sold>
Offroad "Proflex" (Serrota),
Serotta CST  titanium softail
McMahon FS