Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 10, 2024, 05:19:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 43
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 37
Total: 37
37 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Huge thanks to Idriders and a nice little story...  (Read 3073 times)

brad c

• Novice
  • faster! faster I say...faster!
Huge thanks to Idriders and a nice little story...
« on: September 30, 2006, 01:31:56 am »
First of let me say that I have yet to stump the great and wise idriders.  I've always recieved a timely, perfectly, uncannily, and warmly welcomedly, spot on response to my many needy requests.  So thanks guys, finding this site is the #2 reason I love my bike.  The first is dirt.  Here's a little story that I just have to share about having the latest greatest marketing schlop.   1.  my little evo frame, heavy, flexy, and single pivoty as it is...recently beat a carbon hardtail treck up an hour and a half climb and then on the way down, schooled a stumpjumper fsr on some of the muddiest, rootiest, rockiest decending I've ever seen.  Know what my bike climbs like??? Me.  Know what my bike decends like??? Me.  Nuff said.  Well, almost.  2.  Whilst riding Hunter's Creek in Buffalo, a buddy of mine lost his rear deraileur, not lost as in can't find it but lost as in tore the sh#@ out of it.  In an effort to get him moving again, we shortened up the chain and made him a single speed.  Nice little bit of quick goat thinking if you ask me.  Only, the bike would not hold the chain unless we had the chain set on the two smallest rings.  i.e. 1 - 8.  If you've never tried this, let me just tell you that this doesn't just mean you're stuck with only one gear...it means you're stuck with a single speed and a rediculous amount of friction!!!  It's like riding with the brakes on.  So,what did Little Neddy proceed to do?  Was he able to keep up?  Nope...he dropped us.  Yep.  Not only did he drop our group but he also dropped the local we picked up mid ride!  Downhill you say?  Nope.  He broke it crossing the creek, so you know there was nothing but climbing left to get to the trail head.  Now I'm not saying I have not enjoyed each and every one of the goodies and bits I've mounted on my rig, but I'd take legs like Neddy's over an efficient design any day of the week.  Hope you enjoyed that little story, and thanks for making my little K2 so much more than just a frame.
K2 evo, marzocchi mx comp, fsa cranks with mega exo BB, fox talas rear shock, cane creek aeroheat wheels.

kiwi

• Guru
  • 756,wtb sstk,risse terminator, 97-carbon xlink,v's
Re: Huge thanks to Idriders and a nice little stor
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 09:26:56 pm »
Time for OP to tell a "Bob the Lung" story
kiwi proflex rider

Old Proflexer

• Guru
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 11:11:54 am »
It's not about the bike -

It's about the engine.

I'll take fresh legs, skillful balance and a high VO2 capacity over technology any day of the week.

Ya know, I've got this nest door neighbor and his name is Bob . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

OP
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 11:14:01 am by Old_Proflexer »
Yeah, they don't make 'em anymore - it's a classic - - -

Carbon_Angus

• Guru
  • I am full of Bull
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 05:58:26 am »
was it so buggered that you couldn't move the stop screws to get a "better" gear???  guess he didn't need it....lol

it is cool that this motley bunch is very adament about riding their bikes and we all get along pretty darn good

thanks for the thread!