Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 04, 2024, 06:14:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 34
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 60
Total: 60
60 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Adjusting swingarm pivot on Disco Monkey?  (Read 2110 times)

keen

• Journeyman
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Adjusting swingarm pivot on Disco Monkey?
« on: May 11, 2003, 03:52:27 pm »
  I purchased a new 01' Way Big Disco Monkey. I noticed there was a little play in the rear swingarm after a few rides. If I held the top of the rear wheel and rocked it back and forth I could see movement @ the pivot. I used the special tool and snugged it (spec. calls for 1' pound or something rediculous, tightened axle clamping bolts (120" pounds if I recall). Went for a few more rides now it's loose again. Whats going on w/ this? I went from a 97' proflex for this swingarm in particular. Thanx

pedro

• Journeyman
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Adjusting swingarm pivot on Disco Monkey?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2003, 02:17:50 am »
I had the same problem you have.
I made a pivot tool out of a bolt, approx 3.5"  4" long,
two washers and a nut. I kept tightening the pivot and after a ride it would develop a slight play. Finally, I decided to leave the tool put and my pivot no longer gets loose. Now, I don't know if such an unorthodox solution will cause other problems down the road, but for now I am happy.
If you do a search with my name, or with the word "pivot" you will find a good thread about dealing with pivots.
good luck :)

keen

• Journeyman
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Adjusting swingarm pivot on Disco Monkey?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2003, 11:46:40 am »
  I called K2 regarding the loose pivot 1) I am missing thrust washers 2) the tool is only made to center the axle...hmm.. their website says to use the tool to eliminate side play? I'll adjust it one more time before I tear it completly apart.