Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 13, 2024, 03:10:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 35
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12
Total: 12
12 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Razorbak Update  (Read 2636 times)

Sprucey

• Journeyman
Razorbak Update
« on: September 13, 2005, 09:18:05 pm »
I thought I would update you on my thoughts on this bike.

I have a Razorback team with the Fox RL pull shock.

I fitted a 5 year old set of Pace Rc36 100mm carbon forks with heavy spring set and rode the bike for a while. It was great on singletrack, tight, low, responsive.

But, and it was big but, it scared the hell out of me on the highspeed DHs. The front end was sketchy, the fork tended to tuck under when turning and I had no confidence. I was ready to bin the bike and offer it to Callum!

I have now fitted a new fork to the front and it has totally revolutionised the ride.

Its a new 2006 Marzocchi MX Pro SL air 100mm with TST compression adjustment and rebound adjustment. The fork is longer than the Pace lifting the front end of the bike. It is stiffer and the front of the bike now feels planted and secure and gives me plenty of grip with the front tyre. The singletrack steering response is still just as good. I have now ridden the bike 4 times in this new set up - adjusting stem height each time and I LOVE IT!

On another note, all Razorback owners, keep an eye on the shock bushing mount bolts on the frame. The bolts are not lock tighted and come loose easily causing a knock on top out or when lifting the rear end of the bike. Stick some lock tight on them.

For reference, I weigh 110kg and put 250 -270psi in the rear shock and have the rebound damping abut 30% on for mixxed XC use.

Sprucey

rapiddescent

• Master
  • what a ride
    • Rapid Descent Scotland
Re: Razorbak Update
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 09:20:37 pm »
bugger!   where did you get it from?

I also have 100mm Marzocchis on mine and I love the feel of the bike.  Pull shock is a fabulous idea and works well in my opinion.  I have been out shopping for bikes and so far not finding anything better. Closest is the intense tracer xc.

callum
rds
rapid descent scotland

K2 hardtail
Orange 5
Santa Cruz Bullit
Cube AMS R29er singlespeed
Brompton folding bike!
Kona Blast

Sprucey

• Journeyman
Re: Razorbak Update
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 09:47:58 am »
Hi Callum,

it was a warranty deal from K2 for a ripped ally seatpost sleeve on the Oz - they made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

I have had it for nearly two years but not ridden a lot due to aforementioned problems.

It has now gone up in my estiimation!

Sprucey