Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 12, 2024, 03:14:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 23
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18
18 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Any Noleen Mega Air's out there???  (Read 2952 times)

Johnny_Bravo

• Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Any Noleen Mega Air's out there???
« on: August 31, 2005, 09:05:05 am »
I posted this over on the MTBR forum as well, but figured I might get a better response here for obvious reasons :D:

I ride an older Trek VRX (yeah, I know they're supposed to be crap, but a hot new frame isn't in the cards right now) ) which still has the stock RS Judy XC it came with from new. I've never been all too happy with the performance of the Judy (only 80mm I think) although it's been reliable (surprising for an older RS) and never let me down. I can't justify spending hundreds & hundreds of dollars on a Marz, Manitou, new RS, or Fox fork for an older bike (believe me I'd LOVE to have any one of those brands top units) so after much research I found the Noleen Mega Air fork. For the cost & quality it seems to fit the bill just right for my needs. Of course after word got out a year or so ago when eDiscountBike.com had a bunch of them for sale super cheap ($99 I think) they've become nearly impossible to find. I'm just wondering if anybody out there might have any idea where to track an '01 model down (the one with the VTO and oil ports)?
-Big Ben
'99 Trek VRX-300 "The Big Green Monster"
with just a few beefy parts here & there.

Carbon_Angus

• Guru
  • I am full of Bull
Re: Any Noleen Mega Air's out there???
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 03:21:34 pm »
You will need to pry them form cold dead hands, or find a bike on e~bay that has one equipped.

or someone here selling one

FWIW there's a company that the name x-capes me at the moment that makes similar forks. Some co. in Taiwan or China.

I'm sure someone knows.

[smiley=beer.gif]

Johnny_Bravo

• Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 03:46:52 pm »
You will need to pry them form cold dead hands, or find a bike on e~bay that has one equipped.

or someone here selling one

FWIW there's a company that the name x-capes me at the moment that makes similar forks. Some co. in Taiwan or China.

I'm sure someone knows.

[smiley=beer.gif]

Yeah, I'm starting to get that feeling & I guess I can't really blame anybody for not wanting to part with them.  It's kinda ironic that I initially came here looking for a Crosslink of which new ones can still be had easily (eDiscount), but the one I end up liking is a p.i.t.a. to track down.

I think the other one you're thinking of is the RST Aerosa BOA (or something like that; RST made the lowers on the Mega Air) which was sort of a copy of the Mega Air.  I don't believe they ever sold those here in the US though & I think the design was slightly different although I think pretty much the same internally.

The search continues...
-Big Ben

Carbon_Angus

• Guru
  • I am full of Bull
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 10:40:06 am »

I think the other one you're thinking of is the RST Aerosa BOA (or something like that; RST made the lowers on the Mega Air) which was sort of a copy of the Mega Air.  I don't believe they ever sold those here in the US though & I think the design was slightly different although I think pretty much the same internally....

and i'm kicking myself, too should a bought a few when the Mega!Air was selling at ediscount, too :(

[smiley=beer.gif]

chrisv

• Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 12:45:56 pm »
saw one go on ebay the other day for 120

Johnny_Bravo

• Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 04:15:02 pm »
Oh well, still no luck tracking a Mega Air down.  If anybody comes across an '01 for sale in good shape feel free to e-mail me:  EunosFD@aol.com
-Big Ben