Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 10, 2024, 01:24:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 43
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 52
Total: 52
52 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Proflex Rules Again... in Texas  (Read 2424 times)

will

Proflex Rules Again... in Texas
« on: August 24, 2005, 02:20:51 pm »
Unbelievable!

I'm in Dallas for a loooong business meeting (two weeks) so I and three others brought MTB's to ride on the weekends.

My riding buddies happen to have no "budget issues" (like I do) when it comes to bike buying. So one shows up with a Litespeed Pisgah loaded with XTR, carbon bits, and Rolf rolilng stock. At least $6K. The others show up with a nice Cannondale and a Specialized. Me, I brought my blue 856.

Well... The Litespeed carbon seatpost had a seized aluminum sleeve and could not be used. The Spec' was a complete basket case and also could not be used.

So two of us rode Cedar Hill Saturday and spent some quality time wrenching the C'dale on the trail. It was 101F and humid, so fixing a bike was NOT in the plan... Good ride though.

On Sunday we went to ride the North Shore trail - which is a little more exciting - and the other two guys had to borrow bikes from a local shop. They both got Ellsworth Truths, which should have been a good deal. Between the two brand new Ellsworths, we lost a suspension pivot, a crankarm, a front tire, and both bikes had forks that were hopelessly difficult to set-up on the trail.

In the end, we all had fun. Bike riding mates are the best kind of friends. These are great guys to drag bikes from all over the States.

Also in the end, the 856 was the only bike that just plain worked. I doubt it had much to do with me, but that Proflex outclimbed and out-descended anything else. [smiley=nod.gif]

Good engineering is not only elegant, but long lasting.