Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 11, 2024, 07:15:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 23
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 35
Total: 35
35 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Replacement Rear Shock for a 3000 Pro Flex  (Read 2455 times)

Grew

• Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Replacement Rear Shock for a 3000 Pro Flex
« on: April 13, 2003, 06:24:05 am »
The Noleen-2 Rear Shock I have has a badly pitted shaft - still working - but not for long, I'm sure.  I'm looking for a replacement that will fit a Pro Flex 3000.  I thought I had a FOX - but the Eye to Eye length was 6.5" - the ProFlex length is 8.5".

I'll probably be checking on E-Bay so a number of possible shocks that would fit would be very hellpful.  I suspect another limiting factor - besides the length - is the width of the shock, where it fits into the upper frame.

Thanks for any information or suggestions,

DP

mmcepp

Re: Replacement Rear Shock for a 3000 Pro Flex
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2003, 03:17:02 am »
Go to risseracing.com and find a replacement for the NR-2. I just returned my WARRANTIED NR-2 that blew after 6 rides back to K2. They are replacing with a DNM(?). Do not purchase another NR-1,2,3,4. In my opinion they are junk. Risse is good, make sure to specify the correct year of the frame. My 98 K2 2000 has the world cup frame where the shock attaches to the seatstays. 99 and beyond attaches to the swingarm. Good luck.
-Dave

Carbon_Angus

• Guru
  • I am full of Bull
Re: Replacement Rear Shock for a 3000 Pro Flex
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2003, 06:21:39 am »
the Risse is a good shock. Risseracing.com

if you ride XC and are not too hard on the bike, you may just want to get it repaired.  there is a link to the left here where you can go

http://www.noleenshockservice.com/

and get it reapaired. the Noleens are not the best shock out there, but they are servicable and functional. thing is the strut design of your bike puts side movements on the shaft and it will blow more often than a EVO style frame equipped with the same shock.

good luck [smiley=beer.gif]
the Noleen is truly a YMMV type of thing!