Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 12, 2024, 03:16:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 27
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22
22 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: K2 Launch shock adventures  (Read 2346 times)

whistler

• Novice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
K2 Launch shock adventures
« on: May 13, 2005, 12:17:41 pm »
So I got this K2 Launch, not a bad bike but I am going to have to start a component upgrade program like, right now. I want to start with something easy. Hah! The bike came with a NOLEEN NR-2 SPORT SHOCK. The shock has a 750lbs/inch coil. I need 850lbs according to manufacturer's specs. First of there is no such thing as NOLEEN. As far as I can tell it's just a trade name. What I have on my bike is a http://www.dnmsuspension.com/pro_tor_mm_22ar.htm  with a NOLEEN sticker on it. I really don't care what it's called but does anyone know where in North America I can find a coil to fit my DNM MM-22AR / NOREEN NR-2

Txs

bikendan

• Journeyman
Re: K2 Launch shock adventures
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 07:25:20 pm »
first, i would call k2 tech support to find if they have that spring in stock. if not, they should be able to give you the size and dimensions to locate one. some of the guys here have had a spring shop custom wind them one. also, k2 might be able to tell you if a fox spring would fit.
i would suggest you determine the eye to eye length of the shock, also.
i know stratos in santa barbara does springs.

numbnuts

• Master
  • no problem
Re: K2 Launch shock adventures
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 03:02:36 am »
I would consider ditching that shock and getting something decent, fox, manitou, stratos etc, you can keep the noleen as a spare.