Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 03, 2024, 12:12:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 51
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 35
Total: 35
35 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Forgive me , forum. Have new non-K2/proflex ride  (Read 3158 times)

bikendan

• Journeyman
Forgive me , forum. Have new non-K2/proflex ride
« on: January 25, 2005, 04:53:21 pm »
 ;) ;D 8) :PI have been looking for a all-mountain bike w/5+ of travel. i was looking at a new lithium thru k2 grassroots. but i made a bid on a new '04 giant vt-2 on ebay. it was so low, i thought what the hell, let's see how much it ends up selling for.
came back and found i had won it for $1100. a complete bike w/minute 1:00 fork and 3-way swinger shock, hayes hfx-9 discs, xt hubs w/mavic 223 rims.
it's about $500 less than the lithium w/similar comp.
i would of spent more than that on a new fork, discs, rear adapter and rims on my '98 4000.
i still have that, my razorback and my wife's zed. so i still qualify as a upstanding member.
by the way, the '04 vt-2 has a outstanding rating on mtbr reviews. 4.81 from 58 reviews.  

kiwi

• Guru
  • 756,wtb sstk,risse terminator, 97-carbon xlink,v's
Re: Forgive me , forum. Have new non-K2/proflex ri
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 08:47:51 pm »
pic pic pic pic pci ......
kiwi proflex rider

zulu

• Journeyman
  • I love da dirt!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 02:05:10 am »
Yes you must include pictures when you brag about a new toy! 8)
[smiley=beer.gif]
2006 S-Works Stumpy.
2005 S-Works Epic
2003 Spec. Stumpy FSR Comp.
Pro-flex 856

Old Proflexer

• Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 03:54:33 am »
Repent!!!

(just kidding - as long as you still own just one)

OP
Yeah, they don't make 'em anymore - it's a classic - - -

jimbo

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005, 04:11:18 am »
Hmmm, I'd better come out of the closet too.  I just bought a complete bike and a new frame.  Picked up a 2005 Cannondale Gemini 2000 bike and a 2004 Planet-X Ridgeback frame.  My camera broke so I'll post stuff already on the internet.

I swapped the heavy DH tires that came with the Gemini for some lighter Kenda Sticky tires.  The bike only weighs a couple pounds (34 pounds) more than my Evo.  It's a do it all bike.  I use it for trail rides and downhill.  7 inches front and back.  It is sweet.  The Planet-X is still in the box.  I might have to raid parts from the Evo to build it up.  I'd really like to keep the Evo intact as a backup bike.  Decision, decisions!!!!!

Cannondale:

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/05/cusa/model-5VG2.html

Someone's review of the Planet-X:

http://www.teamplanetx.com/Proto%20news/Mike%20Brown.html

Irby

• Apprentice
  • live to ride ride to live....(old dirtbike mantra)
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 10:02:46 pm »
Forgive me for I too have sinned. I've been riding a specialized hardrock disc.. This is an especially disgraceful sin because it is a cheap hardtail not worthy of pics.
I am however getting my EVO ready for spring. Dan

bikendan

• Journeyman
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 08:13:08 am »
 :osorry i didn't post pics. wasn't sure if anyone wanted to see it. here is the link to the bike's webpage.
http://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/030.000.000/030.000.000.asp?model=10801
i'll post some real pics in my gallery soon.

Ionit

• Journeyman
  • Ionit
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 10:20:36 am »
I think many of us drool over other bike designs also. I wouldn’t worry.
Some may think they are disgracing the K2 Proflex name by owning other bike brands.
Despite changes with the bikes we own this site will always provide tips and ansewrs to any mater we bring forward. I know I will always own my Proflex 4500 and even own some other brand (I hope a Balfa 2step HD). Who cares if this site turns into a "I once owned one forum" or a "I own one with another forum" or a "I would like to own one forum". This site probably already is all of those scenarios.
Unlike any other forum the people here have always responded well to my questions which has probably renewed my enthusiasm for my Proflex many times.
That is why I will always stay a member.

Good deal on that bike Bikendan.  Those Giants are nice rides. I like the linkage, it looks like the travel is very progressive. The leverage ratio allows for a low air pressure, nesspas?

Keep the K2 Proflex enthusiasm alive.

Signed, Ionit.
Member for life.

numbnuts

• Master
  • no problem
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 08:43:24 am »
t be honest, if i could afford another bike i'd have got one a while ago. sounds like a sweet deal on the giant btw. As it is I still love my evo and find it still can keep up with newer designs. I doubt i'll ever sell it as i have two sons who are waiting for me to get a new ride so they can snag it.

bikendan

• Journeyman
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2005, 07:00:56 am »
 ;) [smiley=beer.gif]finally posted some pics of the new ride. they are in my gallery. still trying to figure the spv thing. haven't quite got the suspension dialed in. but over-all i'm real impressed in the bike.

ChilliConCarnage

• Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2005, 09:39:31 am »
If anybody read the "Weight Discussion" thread I started a while back, you will remember that I was looking for a way to lighten my EVO, in particular so I could ride it at the 24 Hours Of Adrenalin Race at Whistler, B.C.

Well, I realized that the EVO was an awesome trail bike, but not the best for a long distance race with lots of climbing, so I ended up buying this yesterday:

This is a full scandium Salsa Caballero.  I got it at a ridiculous price - it's essentially brand new.  It's got crap for wheels and crank, but I'll be updating those in the near future.

Now I've got my trailbike (EVO), a race bike (Caballero), and I'm pretty durned happy with my road bike as well (Felt F65)!!!  

Life is sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

MOUNTAIN:
00 K2 Evo 4.0
99 K2 Flying Monkey
03 Salsa Caballero Scandium

ROAD:
06 Cervelo Soloist Carbon
06 Look 555 carbon
06 Fuji Cross Pro

Total of 42 bikes owned in last 5 years