Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 09:22:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 18
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 55
Total: 55
55 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Where can I buy a K2?  (Read 2512 times)

rapiddescent

• Master
  • what a ride
    • Rapid Descent Scotland
Where can I buy a K2?
« on: March 03, 2005, 09:44:44 pm »
Hi all,

I'm based in Scotland, UK - K2 bike have not sold any bikes in the UK since 2001 and the big discount websites that sell K2 bike have been instructed not to sell bikes to the UK.  this leaves a bit of a problem since my 2001 singlespeed razorback is getting a bit tired and has quite a few scrapes and bashes in it.  still works though!!!

Has anyone got any bright ideas as to how I can get a K2 Razorback? short of actually flying transatlantic to New York and buying one.

thanks for any help
callum
rd scotland  
rapid descent scotland

K2 hardtail
Orange 5
Santa Cruz Bullit
Cube AMS R29er singlespeed
Brompton folding bike!
Kona Blast

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
Re: Where can I buy a K2?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 10:05:54 pm »
Try asking if someone in the states would purchase one on your behalf and forward it on,you could forward the funds on first but you would have to make provision to pay postage for the item to be delivered first to who ever buys on your behalf and the postage from there to you, also add something for there trouble,plus you then have import duty >:(,you could try avoiding this by only insuring for $50 and have no documents of purchase sent with the bike,this works fine but your taking a chance if it goes missing.
Simon.
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

rapiddescent

• Master
  • what a ride
    • Rapid Descent Scotland
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 10:20:18 pm »
I'd prefer to buy direct really because it is quite a lot of pressure on someone to do this.  Does anyone have a list of the best online places to buy K2 bikes and I'll ring them up today?

just checked ediscountbike and there's not much on today.

callum
rd scotland
rapid descent scotland

K2 hardtail
Orange 5
Santa Cruz Bullit
Brompton folding bike!
Kona Blast

shovelon

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Down there? DOWN THERE!???
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 02:31:23 am »
Callum,

I have had a lot of experience with REI co-op. They handle K2 bikes and they sell online. Thier site is www.rei.com. Usually if you know exactly what you want, you can badger them to do anything you want, for a price. Catch is you pay more, but you get a dividend back if you become a member.

They do alot of special order, and being a K2 dealer, I know what they can get. If you do the research and forward to me, I will drive over there and discuss with them, as I live 5 minutes away.

Terry
OzM,(Ozzie)
K24000,(Red)
957small,(Shorty)
957Large,(Monty)
956 LE,(Peirce)    <Sold>
Offroad "Proflex" (Serrota),
Serotta CST  titanium softail
McMahon FS

kiwi

• Guru
  • 756,wtb sstk,risse terminator, 97-carbon xlink,v's
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 02:54:12 pm »
would you just want the frame callum or the whole deal...
kiwi proflex rider

rapiddescent

• Master
  • what a ride
    • Rapid Descent Scotland
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2005, 10:44:46 pm »
I'd be happy for a frame but if I have to buy the whole bike then so be it!  Frames are easier to ship.  

My fiance still hasn't quite realised that I've still to bring a van load of RDI stuff up from London so I have loads of wheels and bits although I think I'd treat myself to a full top of the line SRAM groupset.  

will check out REI (thanks!).  I did visit all the REI stores in Seattle last time I was looking for a Razorback but none of the stores could get me one before my flight left!!!

callum
rd scotland
rapid descent scotland

K2 hardtail
Orange 5
Santa Cruz Bullit
Brompton folding bike!
Kona Blast

jimbo

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005, 06:07:50 am »
My fiance still hasn't quite realised that I've still to bring a van load of RDI stuff up from London so I have loads of wheels and bits although I think I'd treat myself to a full top of the line SRAM groupset.  

callum

rd scotland

Callum, any ideal when you'll open up shop again.  Friend of mine still hasn't resolve putting on a disk brakes to his new Ediscount Bike Noleen DH Chubby.