Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 01:22:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 38
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 41
Total: 41
41 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Re: Loads of new K2's on ebay UK,CHEAP.A must look  (Read 2448 times)

jimbo

Re: Loads of new K2's on ebay UK,CHEAP.A must look
« on: January 14, 2005, 05:07:24 am »
The new bike auctions look suspicious.  No previous feedback.  Bidding listed in Pounds and buy it now price is in U.S. Dollars.  View the seller's other auction and you'll see pages of other brand bikes including high end bikes.

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 05:40:17 am »
EXCELLENT POINT,though I suppose we all have to start some when,
though if I wanted/could afford one  :( I'd insist on collecting (just up road for me) and paying at collection,I see payment protection is offered but you just never know these days [smiley=worry.gif] I hope it is qenuine.
Curiousity got the better of me so I've contacted the seller for some info,now awaiting a response.
Note the last 2 listed are from different sources with feedback and are s/hand including a nice K2 5000 frameset.
Simon.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 06:20:06 am by Simon »
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 07:14:32 am »
Jimbo,removed the origional posting with the listings, I was in the process of reporting these items to ebay after you rightly brought to my attention that they might be a scam (it started playing on my mind),before I got to far suprise suprise the items had already been removed,
ah well live and learn,should of known it was to good to be true >:(
the other ones are still on there though,might go for the 900 model,could be a bargin plus another aluminium s/arm [smiley=nod.gif]
Simon.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 07:20:59 am by Simon »
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

Irby

• Apprentice
  • live to ride ride to live....(old dirtbike mantra)
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2005, 05:15:35 am »
caveat emptor baby!!!! Someone is also doing this with Specialized Stumpjumpers.

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2005, 05:45:50 am »
They're Back!!!!!!!!!,reported to ebay,wanna know whats goin on.
Simon.

Callum

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2005, 06:23:59 pm »
I have tried messanging the seller with two different accounts.  One was sort of official asking lots of questions where the bikes came from etc.

smells of a scam unfortunately.

callum
rds