Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 11:29:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 38
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 45
Total: 45
45 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Proflex on "24"  (Read 2140 times)

Carbonman1

• Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Proflex on "24"
« on: January 10, 2005, 04:11:27 am »
Hey,  did anybody see the blue Proflex in the opening episode of the Fox series,"24?"  The Girvin fork and aerospoke rims were clearly visible.  The bike was ridden by a computer hacker.  I'm sure that his successful escape from the terrorists was due, in no small part, to his choice of bicycle.  Of all the MBs to see on the big screen... I guess that someone in the  production staff owns it and all agreed that the Proflex looked up to the minute--which it did. [smiley=nod.gif]  Does it belong to one of us?

Carbon_Angus

• Guru
  • I am full of Bull
Re: Proflex on "24"
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 05:20:58 am »
yeah I saw it!!

I always wonder how a bike like that gets into a scene. Maybe one was lying around in props or better if someone on the set asked to include it.

The color was the more rare "Grape"

[smiley=beer.gif]

« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 05:22:43 am by carbon_angus »

StoereVent

• Journeyman
  • Rocky Mountain Instinct
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 03:09:01 am »
well, not about proflex, but I always wondered what brand and type of mountainbike is to be seen in the musicvideo of 'when I get you alone' by Thicke...

Jeroen.

Callum

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 06:21:39 pm »
other famous Proflexi:

+ a picture of an 856 was used on the front of Hewlett-Packard glossy paper packages for years and years.  complete with MCU's...

+ my 856 was in the London, UK papers when I used it for the annual Bike vs taxi vs car vs horse vs public transport race.  (I won!)

+ also I was interviewed on telly minutes after the london docklands IRA bomb in the mid nineties.  I was just riding along... and was blown off the road by the force of the bomb.  I was only about 300m away and the bike had two flat tyres from all the glass!

callum
rds