Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 04, 2024, 10:19:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 34
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 68
Total: 68
68 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: New Proflex Owner Need Help!  (Read 2935 times)

Ashley

• Novice
  • Grrr! Ahhh!
New Proflex Owner Need Help!
« on: January 08, 2005, 08:57:01 am »
Hi All,

I have recently brought a Proflex 4000 from ProflexGB, and he has recommended this site.  He also sold a 4000 to my friend (too many bikes that man has!) but I need to try and get hold of a part for him.  The frame is missing the Pivot Face Inserts part No 15064.  I have contacted CVI but have not even received a reply, but I hear they are not much kop!  I have also just sent an email to K2 in America to see if I can get any luck from them.  I thought it might be worth seeing if you guys had any tips on how to get these parts.

Cheers

Carbon_Angus

• Guru
  • I am full of Bull
Re: New Proflex Owner Need Help!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 09:29:23 am »
those pivot inserts...you might need to get those directly from k2 or through a supplier or an LBS....be sure to give them a part #.

good luck

[smiley=beer.gif]

Ashley

• Novice
  • Grrr! Ahhh!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005, 08:55:38 pm »

Hopefully K2 in America will come up trumps, as the UK importer does not seem to read their mails  [smiley=coolfrown.gif]

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 01:46:02 am »
How is Nigel (proflexGB) I haven't seen him in ages,thought he'd gone to Athen's to work?? still owe him for some Hope mini brakes  ;D,
those inserts are hard to come by over here infact I've yet to know of anyone who has managed to obtain some,
best bet go to a small local precision engineering shop and have some made up (its only a threaded insert after all),with the s/arm,frame,and pivot inserts you should have everything you need to get the required dimensions.
Simon.
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

Ashley

• Novice
  • Grrr! Ahhh!
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 03:46:16 am »
Thx Simon for the Info!  

Nige' said your the man in the know when it comes to bits and bobs :)

I Dropped Nige' off at the airport on Tuesday, and he's in Athens now.  Been in touch quite a lot but he is without his PC and bikes etc.  He's changed his email so I can send it you if you want it.  Think he will be settled down in a few weeks so I'm sure he will be back on the forum and things, I will let him know next time I chat with him.

Thanks for the info on the pivot inserts, I have a set on my Proflex so can hopefully get the measurements from that :)

Good to know there is great advice when I need it,

ta

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 04:52:17 am »
Yes, Please pass on Nigels email address,
Just checking that the inserts you require are the ones that thread into the frame as per the part number you supplied and not the bearing/stub that passes through the s/arm and into the threaded insert ???,just checking because I do have a set of those.
Simon.
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,