Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 09, 2024, 03:18:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 62
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 52
Total: 52
52 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Re: My New Shoes  (Read 2806 times)

Matno

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Call me. We'll go for a ride.
Re: My New Shoes
« on: January 30, 2005, 12:08:42 am »
Those are sweet looking shoes! I love the black and grey look. I'm sure you'll be happy with that choice. My bro-in-law Jeremy has a brother who used to work for Specialized, and the whole family got a ton of Specialized gear. Well it's been several years, and Jeremy has logged several thousand hard miles on his Specialized MTB shoes, and still wears them regularly. Aside from a few stains (they're yellow), they're still in great shape!
K2 5000 Large w/Avid discs, Bontrager Race Disc Modified wheels, Manitou Minute, Swinger 3-way
K2 5000 Med ("wife's") w/Avid V's, Mavic CrossLink wheels, Manitou X-vert, Risse Astro-5

jinder

• Master
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 01:51:01 am »
Sweet....  I heard alot of good things about them too.

Thanks man!
Beast

tmaybee

• Master
  • Go ride!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 09:38:57 am »
Those look great.  :)   A lot of shoes look kinda strange now.  Where did you score them?

Cheers,
Trevor

jinder

• Master
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 11:03:29 am »
Thanks Trevor,

I got them from a place called "All Seasons Sport and Cycle" in London (Ontario).  Back in 1997 they used to deal with Proflex - I used to go there alot.  They had them on sale... $50 off....  killer shoe and very soild.
Beast

zulu

• Journeyman
  • I love da dirt!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 03:17:49 am »
Great choice your feet will love them! 8)
[smiley=beer.gif]
2006 S-Works Stumpy.
2005 S-Works Epic
2003 Spec. Stumpy FSR Comp.
Pro-flex 856

Sprucey

• Journeyman
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2005, 03:43:04 am »
I've got a new pair of pants (Jockeys to you north Americans)! Anyone want me to post a picture?!! 8) [smiley=laughing.gif] 8)

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2005, 04:57:02 am »
I've got a new pair of pants (Jockeys to you north Americans)! Anyone want me to post a picture?!! 8) [smiley=laughing.gif] 8)

Don't frighten our friends over there Mark,just post apic of a tent instead, [smiley=laughing.gif] (you know I don't mean it).
Simon.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 04:58:36 am by Simon »
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

will

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 05:00:44 am »
Sprucey!

I've got a new pair of pants (Jockeys to you north Americans)! Anyone want me to post a picture?!

Tend your sheets!

Actually we'd rather see some of your boat pix... whaddya race?

PS Not "Jockeys", but Jockey Shorts, Tighty Whities, Boxers, U Trou, etc...

Sprucey

• Journeyman
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 09:17:09 pm »
Hi Will,

I am glad that wa taken in the spirit with which it was intended.

I sail many differnt types of baot but my main sailing is in one design keelboats. These are generally three person day sailing racing boats such as the Dragon Class which is strong in Europe and the Etchells class which has a strong folowing all over the world including the USA.

Last season I did the mediterranean big boat circuit on a 67foot Frers designed wally class boat - that boat is now sold and we are waiting to find out what new boat the owner is going to build for next year - hopefully something around the 100foot mark.

There are three really exciting round the world races/record attempts happening right now. The Vendee Globe singlehanded round the world race is coming to a conclusion in the next 36hours. The three leaders are within 25 miles of each other after 27,000 miles of racing with only 360 miles to go - how about that! This is sailed in Open Class 60foot monohulls.

Also Ellen McArthur is only a 1800 miles away from home in her attempt to beat the record for the fastest singlehanded circumnavigation in her 75Ft trimaran B&Q/castorama. She has to finish by 7am (?) next wednesday morning and she has about two days in hand on the record set last year. She set off a month after the Vendee guys and will finsih only 3 -4 days behind them - that's the difference in speed between a trimaran and a monohul.

lastly, the giant catamaran Orange set off about 10 days ago to beat the outright circumnavigation record set by the American Steve Fosset on Geronimo this time last year. can't remeber the time - 67 days or soemthing crazy - Orange is slightly ahead right now and somewhere in the south Atlantic heading for the southern ocean.
Sprucey

will

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2005, 12:47:50 am »
Sprucey,

Thanks for the update... I've pretty well lost track of the sailing beat since my nautical days are well behind me.

My sailing background goes to the early days of windsurfing. I can boast to having lost races to Robby Naish, Nevin Sayre, and even Fred Haywood. Raced some J-24's, Luders, Shields, and a few dinghys. Spent four long summer trips on the USCGC Eagle, a 327' barque. I was never a good tactician, but maybe a reliable strongback.

Sort of lost my taste for big boats when a friend died in an accident on a Swan 39 - Mareva. Long time ago, but hard to forget.

I've always thought a good downhill bike run was about the same a ride in the trap on a skittish cat. Know what I mean?

Give us all your new boat name - when it's ready - and we'll track your tacks on the web.

TTFN  -  Will