Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 04, 2024, 04:18:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 34
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 28
Total: 28
28 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Nice deal on Hayes discs...  (Read 2243 times)

Kevins19

• Apprentice
    • Online Portfolio
Nice deal on Hayes discs...
« on: January 08, 2005, 10:35:27 am »
Well, surfing around the web the other day I was at SuperGo's website and seen that they have sets of Hayes HFX 6" discs (Front and rears, with all harware... levers, hoses, rotors, calipers, etc.) for only $199.99. Not bad since they are usually $140 and up for each wheel. So this morning I drove down there and picked up a set. As, soon as I got home I put on the front I already have and 8" adapter and rotor on my boxxer from hayes mech. discs (don't have a rear disc adapter yet) and went out to break the front in. To bad it is raining like mad out here.  [smiley=disbelief.gif]

Anyway I thought I would pass on this info if anybody wants to pick up a set.

http://tinyurl.com/589h2
« Last Edit: January 08, 2005, 10:39:56 am by Kevins19 »

Ionit

• Journeyman
  • Ionit
Re: Nice deal on Hayes discs...
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 03:16:22 pm »
Hey Kevin. That is a pretty substantial mark down.
Tell us how they perform in the future.
I couldn't help myself by clicking on your webpage link.  You have accomplished quite allot. I myself graduated with a diploma in Digital design specializing with animation (my models are not quite as sophisticated). How did you like working at Twisted Pixel Studios. I'm curious because I haven't stepped in the industry yet, and would like some insight. I Mostly Freelanced.

Kevins19

• Apprentice
    • Online Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005, 04:34:11 pm »
Hey, so far the front works amazing. Can't wait to get a rear disc adapter to install the rear. The lever feel is so much better than mechanical disc brakes. From now on I will run nothing but hydraulic disc brakes!

Anyway, thanks alot. This is something I have always wanted to do. Growing up I watch Star Wars all the time. In fact I enjoyed watching the "making of" videos more than the movies themseves! I thought to myself... that would be so cool if I could do that for a career. Now, I do!

Twisted Pixel Studios was actually my company I started two years ago while finishing college at www.fullsail.com to do freelance work. We did some freelance game work and a commercial. Now I work at www.sigilgames.com working on Vangaurd: Saga of Heros a 3rd generation Massively Multiplayer Online Game. www.vanguardsoh.com I liked freelancing but, I like to work on much larger scale projects.

I originally specialized in film computer animation (Mostly Sub-Divisional Surface / NURBS modeling) but now work in the game industry (All Poly's, although Sub-D's are starting to break into the game industry).

My ultimate goal is to make my movies. I am currently writing a couple movie scripts. All Sci-Fi / Fantasy. Just curious, what program do you use? I mainly use Alias|Wavefront Maya. Getting into the industry is hard. Out of my class only 2 of us got jobs so fay (I graduated in July 2003) Not sure how long you have been doing 3D, if you have been doing that for a while that would make it easier to get in.  

Have you checked out www.awn.com it is like a hotjobs for CG jobs. Click on the job listing button on the left side menu. Its a good place to check out what companies are hiring.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2005, 04:37:48 pm by Kevins19 »

Ionit

• Journeyman
  • Ionit
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 12:23:01 am »
I use Alias|Wavefront Maya 5.0 and also graduated in 2003.http://www.tradigital.ca I followed closely to the step out of school go strait to freelance format of work. And have many classmates that did the same. Some colleagues and I started off doing short animations for the web and promotional DVD's for media companies. And I think 6 of my classmates got jobs in the big city (Toronto)
I didn't want to jump into the industry so soon after school to pursuit a career that I had zero professional experience in. I thought it would be best if I perfected my skills and built a better portfolio. I am working on self promotion now and resolve to get a job in 2005. I hear the gaming industry is one of the biggest growing markets in North America and have set my sites on some good companies.