Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 08, 2024, 09:19:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 53
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 10
Total: 10
10 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Blue Crush comes alive!!  (Read 2103 times)

Dennis

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
    • phatphysics.com
Blue Crush comes alive!!
« on: October 25, 2004, 02:03:58 am »
well, after a summer of road riding, and several weeks of Oz-riding, I am finally riding my local loop without once getting off the bike (its 5 miles, most guys do one loop, I have been doing 3 or 4). there are a couple spots in this loop where I had kind of a brain freeze and the brakes would automatically get put on and I'd have to stop and walk a bit, no more....

also, I was having this weird squeaking noise that I couldn't find for a while,so I took off the fenders and found that the rear brakes were squeaking on the pivots, so I took them off, cleaned em up, lubed the pivots, and no more noise.

I kept the fenders off, and the bike seem to have completely come alive, esp. uphill. the front fender weighs next to nothing, but the rear one weighs a bit. don't know how much exactly, but without it, the bike feels much lighter and more alive.

WOO-HOO!!

[smiley=groucho.gif]
K2 Oz - Blue Crush
Giant MCM Team carbon HT - Momentum
Peugeot PX 10E - 1969
Trek 930 (tourer) - Valkyrie
Calfee Luna Pro - photon
gallery- http://idriders.com/cgi-bin/album_k2.pl?album=Dennis

Simon

• Guru
  • Proflex and K2 biker
Re: Blue Crush comes alive!!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 03:46:54 am »
Maybe you were going so fast uphill the fenders were creating wind resistance  [smiley=laughing.gif], you now have a much more aerodynamic setup ;)
Simon.
856 FAUX BAR,Fox float,formula B4, Hope Ti,Raceface,FSA ISIS Ti,WTB Ti,Mega-air,XTR,Easton ct2,Easton monkey lite SL,Easton EA50,Goodridge Hoses,Eggbeaters,Ti bolts,DT swiss,

kiwi

• Guru
  • 756,wtb sstk,risse terminator, 97-carbon xlink,v's
Re: Blue Crush comes alive!!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 08:41:41 pm »
didnt some guy say something about that it is NOT the bike Dennis???.Well Done I love being fit enough to be able to complete a techy ride,It sucks when you cant keep turning the pedals when everything else is on track

kiwi proflex rider