Picture Bit

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 10, 2024, 07:23:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 32006
  • Total Topics: 3964
  • Online Today: 42
  • Online Ever: 235
  • (December 09, 2019, 06:27:14 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 46
Total: 46
46 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: NE1 ridden Uzzi SL?  (Read 2643 times)

5500C

• Journeyman
NE1 ridden Uzzi SL?
« on: October 13, 2004, 06:04:20 pm »
Friend is selling the frame for around 700.  What do you think?  Good deal or wait for a blur or heckler.

Thanks,

Brad

numbnuts

• Master
  • no problem
Re: NE1 ridden Uzzi SL?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 04:46:00 am »
Although I am talking bs [having not ridden any of those frames- at least not the newer models], I would prefer the Uzzi, I can't remember if there are any differences between the SL and SLX but I fell in love with the latter after seeing one up close last year. Price sounds good depending on condition of course.

Old Proflexer

• Guru
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 01:32:07 am »
700 for a newer style frame and shock, in good condition is reasonable.

the spyder is more of the xc frame, the sl more heavy duty freeride - but can go xc with no problem.

i like the sl's but depends on what you mate it to up front for it's full potential.  they're still for sale at a local supergo for (as i recall) $1350 or so new.  used frames are used frames and hopefully if the price is right or maybe even righter, it could be a good buy.  
i like the red ones

OP
Yeah, they don't make 'em anymore - it's a classic - - -

5500C

• Journeyman
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 11:11:22 am »
I'm thinking of possibly waiting for the next generation of frames because of all of the new SPV shocks.  My thinking is that the frames are just starting to be designed with these shocks in mind, no?

Kind of makes our Oz/5500's the best design huh?  Too bad they went with a shock length that is non-standard otherwise I'd have absolutely no reasons to look/lust after a Heckler.

Matno

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
  • Call me. We'll go for a ride.
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 08:15:40 am »
The real advantage of the newer frame designs, many of which, while more complicated, are still "single pivot" designs, is that they don't side-load the shock as much. Our beloved frames are tough and durable, but as evidenced by the experience with the lower-quality Noleen shocks, they can be hard on shocks. I'm betting that there's a lot of sideways pressure on those shock shafts. Oh well. Still love mine...
K2 5000 Large w/Avid discs, Bontrager Race Disc Modified wheels, Manitou Minute, Swinger 3-way
K2 5000 Med ("wife's") w/Avid V's, Mavic CrossLink wheels, Manitou X-vert, Risse Astro-5

Carbon_Angus

• Guru
  • I am full of Bull
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2004, 01:23:11 pm »
I'm thinking of possibly waiting for the next generation of frames because of all of the new SPV shocks.  My thinking is that the frames are just starting to be designed with these shocks in mind, no?

Kind of makes our Oz/5500's the best design huh?  Too bad they went with a shock length that is non-standard otherwise I'd have absolutely no reasons to look/lust after a Heckler.

It still puzzles me as to why Noleen did it that way. One of k2 biggest blunders was buying Noleen and letting it rot. They shoud have put a little R&D into their shocks. The Nr's were state of the art. Maybe they had a patent on the i2i length ???

Gotta get back to the BBQ....Tri~Tip

[smiley=beer.gif]